free website stats program Pledge is great cleaner | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge is great cleaner

I'm gonna try the Orange Pledge (should freak people out on a purple bike!)... I wish they made GRAPE pledge!

Okay, so a regular wash, then DRY? and then pledge? and then wipe her down?

Anyone care to wirite down exactly how they do it?

Actually think I saw a "Purple" can of Pledge, I think it was "mixed berry or floral" scented...:small3d011:

Regular wash, then air (blow) dry. Make sure temperature is above 50 deg or so (condensation causes haze which is tough to wipe off), lightly mist the surface with Pledge and wipe off after a moment with clean white ol' Tee shirt (or Smitty' microfibre cloth), rotating it often and checking periodically if soiled, subbing or cleaning cloth as needed. :newsmile106:

Last edited:
You guys have a very happy knack of changing a guys opinions and life time practices very much to the better for my bike.About all I havent done on the top notch advice that fluods this forum,is the pledge thing,SO....do I have to wash off the Autoglym I have been useing since my first Harley,or can I use the pledge rite on top of it?????Thanks one more time for your advice all,and may the great god Harley ever vibrate under you.

Has anyone else had any problems with Pledge streaking? I have been using it and keep thinking it must be because of whatever comes on the new bikes. I have a heck of a time getting all the streaks out on the tank but especially on the batwing? Any advice? Am I doing something wrong? It looks good when done but I have to rub like a crazy. It is Black Pearl in color, maybe that is a problem? Not knocking pledage as I would likely get banned!! LOL!

Has anyone else had any problems with Pledge streaking? I have been using it and keep thinking it must be because of whatever comes on the new bikes. I have a heck of a time getting all the streaks out on the tank but especially on the batwing? Any advice? Am I doing something wrong? It looks good when done but I have to rub like a crazy. It is Black Pearl in color, maybe that is a problem? Not knocking pledage as I would likely get banned!! LOL!

Likely caused by moisture. See post below.

Regular wash, then air (blow) dry. Make sure temperature is above 50 deg or so (condensation causes haze which is tough to wipe off), lightly mist the surface with Pledge and wipe off after a moment with clean white ol' Tee shirt (or Smitty' microfibre cloth), rotating it often and checking periodically if soiled, subbing or cleaning cloth as needed. :newsmile106:

I'll say this...yeah moisture is a problem with Pledge. But so is everything else I have ever tried. Pledge is the least problem when it comes to moisture of all the other things I've tried. I've tried products 10 times as expensive as Pledge. They were much worse in high humidity environments. Humidity is a problem for the work required to remove the streaking residue. Pledge is the easiest and leaves less residue with less work than the $50 products that I have tried and which I have a whole garage full of. I don't think there is a miracle product since I continually try them all.
When you read the various product sites and reviews you'd think that the latest $40 product is the best thing since sliced bread. ...The write ups and reviews are so convincing that I have fell for them all. I read the reviews and think....this has got to be the moist advanced thing in the world. Of course I have been doing this for 30 years so I have to admit when I read a review from someone with a one or two year old bike who swears by it I have to chuckle. Yes there are very few products that don't offer the minimum shine with minimal amount of work these days. But, most are at least three times the cost of Pledge with twice the amount of work for equal or less protection and simplicity. I don't won't to reveal to one, who is so sold on another product that he'd bet his mother's salvation, that it's the best there is and that he is a fool, so I usually just recommend the best that I have found and let him then learn himself over 40 years experience, like I have, what works best. Knowing that he'll eventually realize that Pledge is the best in all environments and conditions. If you feel good paying more for a product and thinking that paying more means better...then hat's off to ya. I don't care how easy it is or how great your shine is. I'm happy with my choice and I only hope that you don't have to spend the hundreds of dollars like I have to come to the conclusion that I could have saved myself hundreds of dollars and tons of work by just using Pledge. :)

PS: My wife told me my sentences are too long...Well, I don't give a rat's patutee about that either LOL

Last edited:
Ok, "Pledge" it is! I would never that thought a furniture wax would be so highly rated, but I TRUST (!) this forum. :D So, once the temp. gets above freezing again, and the 3.25 ft. of "Lake Effect" snow melts, I'll give her a try! I can hardly wait!! :bigsmiley8: Ride safe y'all!!

Back