free website stats program Pledge is great cleaner | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge is great cleaner

I think youse guys is nutso with the Pledge! :54:
Oh, it works, But I don't really like it. To me, it leaves an oily feeling film and actually requires nore effort to keep from streaking than a good detailer. (such as Maguires Final Inspection)
I'll just stick with a good coat of wax and a detailer between rides, with maybe a little spritz of 50/50 water & peroxide on the stubborn bug-guts.
Nothing wrong with what you do, JMHO, thats all. :D:D

Try using it a bit more sparingly if you are having the streaking problems. Been using it for a very long time and never had that problem.

I use pledge on the faring and windshield. Works great and gives the bike that lemony fresh smell, (an improvement over the rider for sure).

Good post Smitty.

I want and insist on value myself regardless of price, that come last in my book (price) If you use something cheap, usually it will come back and bite you when you least expect it. The fact that there is no fuzz on the plugs when you drain the oils speaks volumes to me also. You can get cheaper oil to use but the fuzz what people don't understand is metal that was removed from inside the engine or trans from poor lubrication that should still be in there and not on the plug. If seeing the fuzz on the plug doesn't tell a person that something isn't doing it's job, they they should stick with the cheap oil and filters.

All the fancy tests in the world like some companies publish means nothing to me if there is fuzz on the drain plug.

You get what you pay for in most cases. Buy cheap and you get cheap.

Amen on the microfiber cloth. I just used one last weekend and WOW what a difference. It works so much better than some of my old college T-shirts that find there way in shreds to the garage!!

This thread continues to surprise me..it was a simple post made over a year ago and it still got legs. Like the bunny, it ijust keeps going and going and going and going...............

I ride a street bob with the black wrinkle finish on the cases, and it makes those look like new with no effort at all Pledge works for me for everything including the windshield.s

Back