free website stats program Pledge is great cleaner | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge is great cleaner

I used Pledge for the first time on Monday........My bike was nasty, I mean real bad. I washed it first, dried it, then used Pledge with mico-fiber towels.......WOW, what a nice finish, I used it on everything except the tires. I'm very pleased with it:yes

Just to confirm, pledge is okay for the windshield? nice weekend coming up, want the kids to look good you know.....I may even try the pledge on the dogs, :D

HA!!!!!

Back to the WD40...... can it be applied over the entire bike and left for long periods of time? If so, simply wash off when ready to go? Just want to be sure on this as I would like to use it on the engine while it sits during the off months.

I used to use WD40 on my boat motor. I do fishing charters and I was introduced to a product called " BOESHIELD T-9" which was developed by the Boeing company for it's airplanes. It creates a protective film over all the metal to protect it from corrosion. I live on Vancouver Island where it is wet " a lot" and for the past 2 yrs I have had very favourable results using the product. The film is easy enough to wipe off and is similar to what WD40 is when it is 1st sprayed out, except it lasts way longer. Even with the motor being constantly exposed to salt water, the product is great! I would think that if you aren't storing your bike inside for the winter, this would be a good product to use to cover everything. In Canada, I get my BOESHIELD from the local Yamaha marine store. I was told that it is easier to come by in the USA.....probably cheaper too!

I think that I will also be adding Pledge to my cleaning arsenal now. I had heard of it being used on windshields, but was always leary about trying it. I have been using the once a year wax, " Nu Finish" with very favourable results as well. It comes in an orange bottle, but I too will take the Pledge challenge.

Just to clarify....cover all the "metal." I wouldn't use it on the paint. Although it does not say anything about it being harmful to the paint. I have lot's of over spray when I spray inside of the cowlings on the motor and it hasn't hurt the paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since all we had at the house was an off brand of Pledge I used it. It worked well. I'm dusting everything in the house to get rid of that can so I can go buy the real thing.

Just to clarify....cover all the "metal." I wouldn't use it on the paint. Although it does not say anything about it being harmful to the paint. I have lot's of over spray when I spray inside of the cowlings on the motor and it hasn't hurt the paint.

OK, you had to confuse me. You state "cover all paint". Can you use pledge on paint (GAS TANK) or not??

Hi
I just tried Pledge on my ultra classic 2003
wouuaaw never saw my bike so shiny even when it was new
Thanks for the advice

I probably shouldn't contribute to extending this thread any longer than necessary, however....being a retired pilot I want to add another use. A long - long time ago when I used to fly single and twin engine piston aircraft, the winshields were and still are made of lexan. With weathering over time they would get crazed and occasionally occur scratches. Pledge will almost completely eliminate any LIGHT crazing and SMALL scratches on lexan, making the winshields look almost brand new again. It's a TRICK, the Pledge only fills in the minute scratches for a limited period of time, then needs to be reapplied again. Also as previously stated, it's fantastic for repelling and removing bugs. Sort of like washing, getting dirty, and rewashing again, it's an ongoing process but works great. Try it on lightly scratched visors instead of dropping a $20 bill on new plastic.

Used it today after a good wash. I must admit my bike was really dirty... had a couple of hot and dry days here in Florida, so the bike got really nasty. I washed her off with soap and water and then hit it with the pledge. Always amazes me how easily the left over bugs come off the fairing (believe me in Florida there are plenty of bugs LEFT over) for those new to it the secret is to use a light mist on the scoot, don't get too heavy with it or you will catch heck trying to get it all off....ride safe.

Whoever thought of using pledge needs to patent it for Harleys. Just used it because I am going on my first H.O.G. ride as a new member tomorrow and I am so impressed. My Ruby shines like she is brand new. Thanks Folks....One happy harley girl.:bigsmiley8:

Back