free website stats program Pledge is great cleaner | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge is great cleaner

I use pledge on the painted surfaces and windex (actually it's windshield cleaner...same thing) on the chrome...it leaves the chrome clean and residue free, I have found that the pledge will collect dust much quicker than a polish or wax products I've used...

Gary have you tried Pledges new natural beauty anti dust formula it doesn't collect the dust like the regular and you still get that lemon fresh smell:D

And for those guys with satin finish paint, use Windex which cleans the bike really quick and makes the chrome shine

I wash it if it's dirty first but would never use any pressure, only an open hose to rinse and only below the tank. The hi pressure forces the water into places where it shouldn't be and has caused grief for many afterwards.

Agreed...but a lot of us then dry it by using high pressure warm air, e.g., the Metro Air Force Blaster. That raises the question of whether the water will be forced into the same places as they would with a high pressure water hose.

If the water wasn't used above the tank and you blow from the top down to dry it off, it shouldn't be a problem.

OK, for those of us who have no imagination, if you don't use water above the tank how do you go about getting the tank, bars, controls ect. free of all the road hazard that can end up there?

Water meaning a hose, if there's something needing water to remove, you can always use a wet towel rung out tightly :s

Water meaning a hose, if there's something needing water to remove, you can always use a wet towel rung out tightly :s

Don't mean to sound like a smart alec, but... does your bike ever get to be in the rain?
Seriously. Rinsing off the bike with a hose shouldn't hurt anything, right?

What Glider means is with a well rung moist towel, YOU control where the water goes, a hose could force water into areas around the switches and controls, or work it's way into unprotected areas (under lockwashers, threads, hidden rust damage etc).

What Glider means is with a well rung moist towel, YOU control where the water goes, a hose could force water into areas around the switches and controls, or work it's way into unprotected areas (under lockwashers, threads, hidden rust damage etc).

And what I mean is. How much do you control where the water goes when it rains? Or when you're riding wet and the air pushes the water around on the bike. I get it that a high pressure washer can cause some serious penetration issues. But trickling water out of a hose onto the bike? Please.

And yes I use Pledge, as well as Mother's Gold products.

Back