free website stats program no oil pressure..... | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

no oil pressure.....

May be time to consider an extended warranty if you plan on keeping he bike.:s

Try entering your VIN here.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/EX/MNT/SCHK/en/servicecheckup.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US

Glider your scarring me I am coming up on my 90 days since purchase of my 09 UGC and Plan on having this bike a long time I can get a 5 year extended warranty for $1500 including tire and wheel insurance But since I did not finance it and paid cash for the bike
I need to pay for it all at once Christmas and taxes makes this a hard decisison

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Happy Holidays
Ride Safe
BuffaloBILl

Glider your scarring me I am coming up on my 90 days since purchase of my 09 UGC and Plan on having this bike a long time I can get a 5 year extended warranty for $1500 including tire and wheel insurance But since I did not finance it and paid cash for the bike
I need to pay for it all at once Christmas and taxes makes this a hard decisison

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Happy Holidays
Ride Safe
BuffaloBILl

The warranty price IS negotiable regardless of what they say, they just will not admit it if they can get more $$$ out of you. Make sure it is through HD and not an aftermarket company because of the deductibles.
I still say it's a good deal, I bought the extended warranty on mine because the 07 was the first year of the 96 engine and 6 speed in the touring bikes.With the crank problem , it's piece of mind that if anything goes wrong, you have backup.

Extended Warranties - Harley Davidson Community

The warranty price IS negotiable regardless of what they say, they just will not admit it if they can get more $$$ out of you. Make sure it is through HD and not an aftermarket company because of the deductibles.
I still say it's a good deal, I bought the extended warranty on mine because the 07 was the first year of the 96 engine and 6 speed in the touring bikes.With the crank problem , it's piece of mind that if anything goes wrong, you have backup.

Extended Warranties - Harley Davidson Community
My warranty has been out for about 6 months, now im worried!

Glider,, I just watched the vid on the run out, does the 88 ci have this issue as well or is ti mainly the 96's?

new update.. yesterday dealer called an said that HD will not be sending a new motor. Told the dealer to order parts for rebuild. That is not what I wanted. But what I want and what HD want's are 2 differant things. So dealer service manager said that he was ordering all the part's that are needed plus a few extra's. Will see what happen's.

Mate,isn't the bike under warranty?
If it is,and IF this was MY bike and i was getting these sort of answers,i would go get myself some legal representation.I think it's inconcieveable that you should be expected to swallow this tripe!

Dont just 'accept' their answers.Are you a member of any motor vehicle organizations?Maybe they can help you with legal action.Whichever way you go,it's totally despicable of Harley Davidson to give you the short shrift.

update.... Last night went to the dealer. He showed me where the oil pum failed. The outer ring for the pump broke in 6 pieces. The crank that goes thru the oil pump was galled. They have all of the parts except for the crank. Since they already have the motor apart. I have decided to upgrade a few things. I am going to install a Feuling cam plate. With a Feuling oil pump, lifters. Supposed to get 20 - 40% more oil volume. Also changing cams to S&S 655 gear driven cams. Sent the heads to Lozano Bros. to get polished & ported. Mike Lozano is well respected for his work. He builds V8 racing engines for Porche Racing. When the heads are off they are going to rering the Jugs. By the time I get the bike back. It should run Mucho Better.:bigsmiley12: Can't wait to see what the numbers will be when they dyno it.:D

Back