free website stats program no oil pressure..... | Harley Davidson Forums

no oil pressure.....

formike56

On the way home Friday night. I was going along everything was fine cruising about 75 then all of the sudden oil light came on. By the time I got stopped it sounded real rough. Top end was rattling.. Took it to the dealer Sat. morning. Of course the same dog and pony dance. The scoot has only 12500 on the clock. So it is under warranty. Waiting on the dealer to call tell me the problem. I have heard of the oil pumps getting clooged from the cam chain tensioner. But I thought the MOCO fixed that problem. It was a beautiful weekend for a cruise. I guess will wait to hear from the dealer...... :(

I would suspect possibly a problem with the pump itself. Hopefully the warranty will cover everything.

On the way home Friday night. I was going along everything was fine cruising about 75 then all of the sudden oil light came on. By the time I got stopped it sounded real rough. Top end was rattling.. Took it to the dealer Sat. morning. Of course the same dog and pony dance. The scoot has only 12500 on the clock. So it is under warranty. Waiting on the dealer to call tell me the problem. I have heard of the oil pumps getting clooged from the cam chain tensioner. But I thought the MOCO fixed that problem. It was a beautiful weekend for a cruise. I guess will wait to hear from the dealer...... :(

That problem was happening with the spring loaded tensioners. Your bike has the hydraulic tensioners and I have not heard of that problem with those. I would be much more concerned with the oil pump. I assume you checked the oil level after stopping and it was high enough to show that you had oil?

See what the Dealership finds. Obviously they can NOT give you back a bike with NO oil pressure. When they call you to tell you what is wrong, ask them what damage THEY suspect might have occured when the pressure dropped to zero or low enough to trigger the light. Ask them to check for those.

TQ

Last month had a charging problem. Last weekend I got the invoice for the warranty work that was performed with the charging prob. On the invoice they had replaced the tensioner. Then a week ago last Friday I had them change the oil & adjust the clutch. When I left the dealer I got 2 mile away when I looked down and was standing in a pool of oil. The tech. didn't tighten up the drain plug. Now this has happened. I am not a happy camper at this time..... I am waiting on a phone call from the Dealer here in Gruene. I am interested in what they are going to tell me what is wrong.. I have 125000 miles on the motor. When this happened Friday night I checked the oil. It was full. When the light came on I was on IH35 going north @ 80mph.. By the time I was able to shut down it was alredy rattling like a (EDIT). I hope nothing happened to the bottom end. As in bearing or bushings being tore up...

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

That problem was happening with the spring loaded tensioners. Your bike has the hydraulic tensioners and I have not heard of that problem with those. I would be much more concerned with the oil pump. I assume you checked the oil level after stopping and it was high enough to show that you had oil?

See what the Dealership finds. Obviously they can NOT give you back a bike with NO oil pressure. When they call you to tell you what is wrong, ask them what damage THEY suspect might have occured when the pressure dropped to zero or low enough to trigger the light. Ask them to check for those.

TQ

If it were mine I would hope the WHOLE motor got trashed.....
I wouldn't want a motor that was run OUT of oil pressure....esp doing 80
they can fix this and that but maybe NOT ALL the damage will show up NOW

I wondered how you and they took care of the OIL LEAK OUT with loose drain plug.....

HOW much oil was missing? DID you check the level RIGHT AFTER you found that leak? how much was left in tank? this could be tied into the problem you have now...?....

DID THEY document the loss of oil and loose drain-plug as THEIR MISTAKE?
MAKE SURE ALL GETS DOCUMENTED!!!

these types of problems are BAD for you but HELP the rest of us if WE get into the same situation.....HOPE they take GOOD care of you as it reflects toward OUR relationship with HARLEY

I have a 2006 sport 1200 roadster. it had problems with stators from the get-go.... I went thru 2 replacements during the first two years of warranty..... ( that is 3 went bad) after the two-yr was up......(8 mos later) another went bad #4 (BURNT) just like the 3 before. I called HD customer service and wanted to get to the bottom of MY & THEIR problem......Asked if they had sports out with the SAME problem? NO was their answer.... They wanted to KNOW the why and reason ALSO..... THEY agreed to HELP on the repair and wanted it done at a dealer so I picked sierra vista in az..... it was in the shop for 2 weeks and TESTING NEVER found out WHY. but HARLEY picked up ALL the NEW PARTS: stator,v-regulator,NEW battery, gaskets, oil,tec. labor.... NOW mind you the two year std.warranty was over by 3/4 year......I was asked to pick up the LABOR ONLY...NOW that wasn't a BAD deal...... The cause of problem was never found so IF it happens again I DO EXPECT HELP on their part....

HOPE your dealer works with you and REMEMBER the HD dealer is NOT the same as HD CUSTOMER SERVICE... go to them if you need to get satisfaction if dealer doesn't do the RIGHT THING.

a concerned HD rider/friend
signed....BUBBIE

I agree it MUST be pump related for NO oil pressure.....

Last month had a charging problem. Last weekend I got the invoice for the warranty work that was performed with the charging prob. On the invoice they had replaced the tensioner.

The tensioner they replaced as indicated on the invoice was most likely the primary chain tensioner since they were probably in the primary to do the charging system work (stator and rotor?)

TQ

Your right TQ. I didn't think about that before I posted that.. Still waiting on the phone call from HD.

Just got off the phone with the dealer... Not good news.. Pinon has .04 runout. They have to split the cases & rebuild the bottom end of the engine. Don't know exactly what they are going to replace as of this afternoon. They said the oil pump was in pieces. Just another wonderful day in paradise. :wall:wall:wall

Just got off the phone with the dealer... Not good news.. Pinon has .04 runout. They have to split the cases & rebuild the bottom end of the engine. Don't know exactly what they are going to replace as of this afternoon. They said the oil pump was in pieces. Just another wonderful day in paradise. :wall:wall:wall

How about a complete engine replacement!!!! If any metal shards got thru the engine - you may have cylinder wall ,piston, and valve trouble.

Just got off the phone again with the service manager. HD is going to send a brand new 103" to replace what has happened... The service manager said that the oil pump split in 2 pieces. I guess some one is listening... I asked if this would extend my original warranty. He said no.

How about a complete engine replacement!!!! If any metal shards got thru the engine - you may have cylinder wall ,piston, and valve trouble.

Back