free website stats program How long do you keep your bike? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

How long do you keep your bike?

I keep em till I run out of ideas. I still have my 73 Sporty, I had my 92 Softail from 96 till last year and changed it around a bunch of times. I am riding an 06 Road Glide which I am slowly turning into a Road Glide Ultra. The Sporty may just end up with a rigid frame for putting around town, hard tellin, not knowin, (yet).

I usually keep them until I just get the itch for something else which is anywhere from 2-4 yrs. With the changes made on the 09s I think I have found one that I'm going to keep till the cows come home.:s:s

Let me think about this:

Still have and ride my Goldwing that I bought in 1983.

College tuition for at least the next 6 years.

I'd say that this Ultra will be on the books for at least the next 10 years!

Still have the 86 FXRS that I bought new; over 200k miles on it. Bought an 03 RG 2yrs ago, just sold it and bought an 06 FLSTC. Plan on keeping that one for a looong time. Had it a month and love it already. I'll be 69 next month and plan on riding until I'm 89.

I am going to keep the king until she dont run no mo. I am a pack rat . I talk to this bike, call me weird but the King is a family member:D I do hope to add to the arsenal though:D

Generally 10 years or longer, usually not because of failings, but because technology and tastes change. Harley on the other hand I have only had for 3 years or so, and quite honestly, will keep as long as it is maintainable...Sportster technology does change, but the only "real" dated design is carburetion vs EFI which is one area I am fine with "--just the way it is..."!

Heres to another 25 years or so...:cheers

When I was riding Japanese bikes I changed every couple of years. Then I had a Sporty for four years. The only reason I went to a Heritage was it being more comfortable two-up when my wife started riding with me. I don't see ever selling the Heritage. It does everything I want from a bike and can be rebuilt when needed and even completely restyled if I ever get tired of how she looks now. This may be my last bike.

I always have the itch for a new one, unfortunately lately a little short on the scratch!!:newsmile093:

Back