free website stats program How long do you keep your bike? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How long do you keep your bike?

I bought my FXRS new in '92 and I thank God I never got rid of it. With an EV13 cam and Progressive suspension it runs and rides better than new, and Harley has never come out with a frame or an engine anywhere near as good since.
Come to think of it, it's kind of the same thing with my '69 Camaro.

I bought my 03 flht new. It is my first new Harley. Did the 96 upgrade on the motor,and other stuff. Made it look like a street glide. Gave it 2 paint jobs. I am now adding more chrome, it didn't have much new. I often think about getting a new street glide but can't bring myself to sell this one. It has always got me there and back. It is my Harley, built my way and I still love riding it. And like someone already said I can rebuild it for years to come. I don't usually keep bikes more than a couple years but I think this is a keeper....

Well, it seemed like every year THE DAVE came out with something I just HADDA HAVE--happend 3 times in the last 5 years. But now,it seems like everything they are coming out with is turning me off--TBW,Cats,fat 200 rear tires & fenders (REALLY gross on the Fatboy) so I've had the same 2 bikes ('04 Fatty & '05 RoadKing) for the last 2 years, & don't plan on retiring either one anytime soon.

Bought an 09 Road Glide last year and intended on trading in my 92 XLH1200. The dealer only wanted to give me $1000 for the sportster so I kept it. Will probably sell them both when I cannot hold them up and get a trike.

I have an 05 Road Glide and an 09 Road Glide. I'm planning on keeping them for as long as I can ride. That might not be that long since I'll be 60 this year.

I'm 63 and I don't know a reason that a young whipper snapper like you won't be going strong for many years to come. Check my initial response to this post. Also take a look at what Pru just did.:D

I just like bikes and have had 4 in the last 5 years (all different brands)
I keep coming back to HD so maybe I will keep this one,at least that is what I told my wife!!!

I've had a LOT of bikes over the past 35+ years of riding; never kept any of them more than a couple-three years. Then I bought a new Heritage Classic in '01 and kept it till 2008, when I sold it (needed the $$:().
Picked up a new 2010 Heritage this past April and plan on keeping it for a good long while, and not just cause I was told it was my last bike, lol.

For awhile I was swapping bikes every 2-3 yrs, but kept my 88 Suzuki Intruder the longest (~5-yrs). Now my current ride will probably move this marker b/c it's the one I wanted & saved for. Will probably keep until I need the training wheel option...;-)

The Little Lady and I are extreemly happy with the Ultra. We're slowly getting it the way WE want it, and I don't see getting rid of it anytime soon!!! Unless, of course, I get to the point that I can't hold it up any more, then I'll get a Triglide!! :bigsmiley20:

Back