free website stats program Heritage Softail Classic ? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Softail Classic ?

Now I have to ask, how hard is it to follow the rules? What makes some people think it's OK to call someone names? Is there something here I'm missing? Are some of the people who post on this site better than others? I assumed that when you signed up you wanted to belong to a forum that had information on our shared passion, not just a place to show off your language skills.

Thanks Don and I agree with your thinking.

There are those who post and can ask a question and get an answer without the language and then there are those who are considered keyboard commandos and have to try to post using language and marginal phrases to try to get over on the moderators even though the rules are clear about the use of language.

Many come on the forum like the poster above and try to change things as far as the rules which just isn't going to happen. There's too much time spent by the moderators trying to run a clean forum without the language posted by some to let this happen. If the language use is that important to some, there's many other forums that allow it.
We haven't had a member yet that was able to change the rules that are in place and there's even the "friendly reminder" thread to further spell out for the mentally challenged that think they will slip by with their language.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Let me just say this, that language will not be allowed here.:s

looks like another one bits the dust. As I read thru posts on this forum it seems to me the rules are applied fairly across the board. There are constant edits. Why not give moderators a break and follow the rules? That would leave more time to address the real questions people have about their scoots. In those words, now famous, spoken many years ago "can't we all just get along?"

I have an '05 Heritage and love it. The wife and I have loaded it up and gone on long
trips, but would like a more comfortable seat. I bought the bike used and am not sure
if it already has a Mustang seat. Is the concho with the leather tie a Mustang feature?
My seat does not have the ties.

looks like another one bits the dust. As I read thru posts on this forum it seems to me the rules are applied fairly across the board. There are constant edits. Why not give moderators a break and follow the rules? That would leave more time to address the real questions people have about their scoots. In those words, now famous, spoken many years ago "can't we all just get along?"

glenalt for president! :D

Glider, I am humbled by your nomination for President and will give careful consideration to the prospect. I don't know how many votes I'd get because I agree with keeping the rules and that seems to be difficult for some. Some that don't violate them have a sympathetic side and seem to feel that you are too ridged. I don't! Come to think of it you should be president.

Some that don't violate them have a sympathetic side and seem to feel that you are too ridged. I don't! Come to think of it you should be president.

No time for the presidency :D

The problem with those that feel I'm too rigid is this...

When you "allow" some words to be used (IF we did), where is the line drawn? You have the percentage that insist they can post vulgarities and then we have the commandos that want to argue that "their" word should be allowed but not someone elses (look back in this thread). It's much easier to just not allow any language and this way there's less discussions that end up in removals of the members.
After all is said and done, I'm still here but the offenders that just had to use language aren't :D

I work with the public every day and know you can't please everybody but some leaders are always knee jerking to criticisims and try to. Leadership is a a difficult position to be in and real leaders are in short supply. You will always take heat. My suggestion is to keep looking ahead and LEAD ON!

I heard one leader say that if you are the leader and no one is following you are only out for a walk. Something good must be happening here because from the three harley forums I belong to this one seems to get the most action. Of course my experience is purley anecdotal.

Have an 01, put many long miles on/with wife on the back, we also pull a trailer. Been to New Orleans, Sturgis many times, N. Carolina, Canada. with no complaints.

My wife and I put 12k on my '93 Heritage last year with no discomfort.

As for language and this site, it's like retaurant that requires a tie or even a public place that requires shirt and shoes. if you want in, follow the rules.

Back