free website stats program Heritage Softail Classic ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Softail Classic ?

Animal,

Everyone has already said it, but just in case you need another...

I ride an '08 Heritage. Great bike. Can do 300 miles in a day easy.

Enjoy

i rode a sporty for 10+ yrs and love it lol except for those really long rides. everyone complaind when i had to stop for gas but i needed a break too lol.
when i was lookin to upgrade i lookd at the heritage and the road king and both are great choices for long distance rides. i was back n forth as to wich one for a wile.
i went with the roadking classic and couldnt be happier man lol test ride both before you buy ;-) the heritage seat sits alittle lower and the b engine is smooth.
the road king sits abit higher and has the 'harley shake' at idle lol but smooths out nicely when moving.
coming off a sporty they all feel like a cadilac lol good luck in the search man

You can't go wrong with the Heritage Classic. It's a smooth bike to ride and the seat sits lower than the Sporty. Enjoy.

Its a progression. I went from a 90 sporty to a 98 Heritage to an 03 classic.I loved every bike while I was riding them. Cant say that I would trade back now!

Animal, I rode sporty's in the 70's I know the ruff ride you are talking about, then I got a 1979 Shovel FLH with the po-go seat, It was better, now I have a 06 heritage , wow what a difference, I also had a 08 road king ,but did not like how high it was compared to the heritage, 3" higher. So I sold the king. It would cost more than 5 grand to upgrade the stock king to how I have the heritage set up. I just returned last month from a 3097 mile road trip,and the heritage rode smooth as silk, even at 75-85 MPH with a 5 speed. 160 miles to 180 miles for gas, with no need to give my rear a break.

Animal
I have a 06 Heritage Classic:) if I was given the option tomorrow walking into the dealership and they said take your pick , i would ride out on my Heritage...LOVE IT. I enjoy rideing it but the stock seat needs to go. after about a hour and half the rear needs a break...

I'm riding a 02 883 now and I love riding. I am thinking about buying a 2000-2004 Heritage Softail Classic. Just would like some comments from:newsmile030: people who are riding the Heritage. My wife has ridden with me only a couple of times and her butt hurts after about 15 minutes on the back of the sporty. I rode to camp (135 miles) and couldn't wait to stand up. Will the Heritage be a lot different of a ride.(more comfortable?). Thanks for your comments.
Animal.

ps. I'm 54 and so is the wife.

With the exception of a certain rider 'cross the pond, most riders do not like Harley seats, with the exception of the Street Bob I think...anyways, many have found Corbin, LePera, Mustang, Reach & Sundowner all are good seats to try...don't ask which one, you'll get a flood of opinions. Finding the right one is a rather "soft" science to say the least!!! :D

I'm a new rider of almost 4 months. I first bought an 04 Sportster to learn how to ride. It was great fun and my girlfriend and I rode it but it wore us out. Two months ago I bought my 07 Heritage Classic and it is fantastic. I think, as a new rider, that it is actually easier to ride than the Sportster. Plenty of power, very comfortable, and great fun. I changed to Mustang seats for both of us and it's very comfortable. My girlfriend says that the Classic is a much better ride for her than the Sportster. The Heritage Classic is a great bike. You will love it!!!

Good timing for this topic for me. I'm headed to Tulsa today to pickup a 05 Heritage. Moving up from a 00 1200 Sporty for the same reason, my wife has started riding with me and the Sporty beats her up. The Heritage has a Mustang seat already so I expect it will be a Cadillac type ride for both of us.

In my opinion the Heritage is King!(sorry guys I just couldn't hold back on that one)Fat tires and 3 lights on the front are what a Harley is supposed to look like IMHO.As far as my wife is concerned,I always put on the passenger footboards and a wider rear seat pad for her.Here is another option that I add for her..the backrest pad Harley #52348-97.This pad is curved,wider and lower than the stock pad and fits right in the small of my better half's back.Plus it comes with all the studs to match the bags and the front seat. With these options installed,it is very rare that I leave the house without her,and I couldn't be happier!

Back