free website stats program Heritage Softail Classic ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Softail Classic ?

Nobody's said it yet so allow me - if you think that moving up from the Sporty to a Big Twin is going to open the door for a lot more two up touring type of riding, then why not consider a used Touring model as well? Better passenger accomodations, luggage capacity, music, etc. Hate to see you posting in a year about which Touring model you should trade in your Heritage for!

Seriously, I would not get mentally locked in on any particular bike at this stage. Test ride a lot of them, wife included, and then make your decision.

Excellent advice Dr! I think also you will find once you ride a few models that you may end up changing your mind.

Nobody's said it yet so allow me - if you think that moving up from the Sporty to a Big Twin is going to open the door for a lot more two up touring type of riding, then why not consider a used Touring model as well? Better passenger accomodations, luggage capacity, music, etc. Hate to see you posting in a year about which Touring model you should trade in your Heritage for!

Seriously, I would not get mentally locked in on any particular bike at this stage. Test ride a lot of them, wife included, and then make your decision.

You make some good points here,Doc but generally speaking,most opinions are subjective.In my case(and I did consider an Ultra but thought it was a little top heavy)when I traded in my '07 Heritage for the '09 Heritage,I unbolted about 2000.00 to 2500.00 worth of options that fit right back on the '09 and I just wasn't ready to take a hit by having those parts lying around the garage knowing they wouldn't fit on anything but a Heritage.I know that the dealer would not have given me 10.00 more dollars for my trade if I had left the parts on the '07.(some dealers won't even look at your bike when they give you a trade-in number-imagine that!)Beside the fact that the Heritage is my favorite,this weighed heavily in my decision.

I have an 06 Heritage Classic and find it to be very comfortable. I believe you will enjoy it very much. I would change out the passenger seat for a larger one and get the passenger floorboards if it doesn't already have them.

You make some good points here,Doc but generally speaking,most opinions are subjective.In my case(and I did consider an Ultra but thought it was a little top heavy)when I traded in my '07 Heritage for the '09 Heritage,I unbolted about 2000.00 to 2500.00 worth of options that fit right back on the '09 and I just wasn't ready to take a hit by having those parts lying around the garage knowing they wouldn't fit on anything but a Heritage.I know that the dealer would not have given me 10.00 more dollars for my trade if I had left the parts on the '07.(some dealers won't even look at your bike when they give you a trade-in number-imagine that!)Beside the fact that the Heritage is my favorite,this weighed heavily in my decision.

Totally understandable in your situation but he's moving up from a Sportster so it's not a factor. Besides, he's talking about buying used so most bikes will already have a lot of add ons included already.

Sooner or later you'll be on a flh and love it,handle like a dream, ride like a dream, must be a dream. Your only gettin older try a grampa glide out before you buy anything, rent one for a day you'll love it.:D

Sooner or later you'll be on a flh and love it,handle like a dream, ride like a dream, must be a dream. Your only gettin older try a grampa glide out before you buy anything, rent one for a day you'll love it.:D

I've been there and done that, I'll stay with a heritage. I had a 2008 FLHR and a 06 heritage to compare. The FLHR was 3'' higher than the 06 heritage,so when ya come to a stop sign, ya were on your toes, I couldn't hear the engine to know when to shift, muffler too quiet (no tach). At a stop sign, the bike felt like you were in a washing machine, No thanks I'll stick with my Heritage,Smooth as silk, set up just the way I like it. I just went on a 3097 mile road trip and the Heritage felt great. Maybe if ya got a king used and it was set up custom to your likeing, a king would be nice.

As you can probably tell from my user name what I ride,I have had my 09 heritage for a month and have not found a negative thing about it. The second day I had it I went on a 350 mile round trip on a curvy two lane road in WV,after the trip I was not sore or cramped. Best advice I can give you is to get the bike,make it your own by any modifications you like and enjoy it. Also visit this site often,there is a wealth of information available. By the way I am 55,age does not matter.

Picked up my 05 Heritage yesterday in Tulsa and rode it the 140 miles back to OKC on Old US 66. Mostly good road but a few stretches that are not so hot. I would have had to stop and walk around at least twice on the Sporty, not to mention one of those would be for gas. I could have ridden another 100 miles on the Heritage with no problem at all. It rides like a dream.:D

Back