free website stats program HDT Weight Loss Challenge | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

HDT Weight Loss Challenge

I'm in on this. I got married in 1997 and was 170 lbs. Today I'm 41 yrs old and 200 lbs, down from 210 six months ago. I went from a very active job to a desk job 13 yrs ago and put on the lbs. I also had to start taking Lipitor and high blood pressure meds 7 yrs ago. Just today my doctor told me my blood work came back with issues related to my kidneys. So I'm off to get a renal ultrasound tomorrow. Fun stuff.

My goal is to get down to 175 and maybe, just maybe get off these meds. I do not think I can get down to Jack's weight though....

I'll check back in each week and post progress (well I hope it's progress).

Have fun and ride safe out there.

I'm in on this. I got married in 1997 and was 170 lbs. Today I'm 41 yrs old and 200 lbs, down from 210 six months ago. I went from a very active job to a desk job 13 yrs ago and put on the lbs. I also had to start taking Lipitor and high blood pressure meds 7 yrs ago. Just today my doctor told me my blood work came back with issues related to my kidneys. So I'm off to get a renal ultrasound tomorrow. Fun stuff.

My goal is to get down to 175 and maybe, just maybe get off these meds. I do not think I can get down to Jack's weight though....

I wish you good luck :bigsmiley23:

Sorry for the hijack, the thread has been restored.

Carry on! :D

Thank You Sir. :D

-5 today, and now the big test. I have to travel on the company dime and the hotel has a free beer and wine for 2 hours Tues-Thurs, I am alredy starting to twitch.

Great thread everyone. I'm in. Although I want to lose only about 20-25 pounds it seems like the hardest thing to do. I enjoy eating. I am 5'10" and 215. one of my daughters coaches at middle school said that diet is 75% and exercise 25%. I wish it was the other way around. Did I mention I really enjoy eating. I remember someone saying years ago that we need to learn to "eat to live and not live to eat." Good luck everyone.

Don't cheat yourself at breakfast though. Eat like a King at breakfast, a prince at lunch and a pauper at supper.

Benjamin Franklin (of whom I read his autobiography) was one of the smartest men I ever read about, said that we should always get up from the table just a bit hungry.

Probably some of the best advice... both statements. However, I don't think Ben ever followed his own advice. I'm betting he rarely left the table hungry at all! :)

I think you can do it. My opinion: losing 30 lbs should take around 3-4 months, if done while building muscle at the same time. When you try to take off more "weight" faster than about 1-3 pounds per week, you will burn muscle. Muscle is easier to burn than fat. If you burn muscle, you are shrinking you "engine". Then, you hit your you hit your goal weight and it is instantly easier to "yo-yo".

Might I suggest a set of cheap plastic skin calipers? This measureing tool along with the bathroom scale can get you through the tough times/plateaus.
If you are not familiar there are plenty of free internet calculators for the calipers. You take several measurements at various points on your body and it gives you a body fat percentage. I went for up to 3 weeks with no change in body weight when I got to 250lbs. The calipers showed that I was losing fat at about the same rate as gaining muscle. Typically, your loose pants tell you this but it is nice to see progress unrelated to "weight".

Also, before and after pics can be highly motivating...

Good luck with the doc. Kidney issues are no fun! Stay on top of that!

Thank You Sir. :D

-5 today, and now the big test. I have to travel on the company dime and the hotel has a free beer and wine for 2 hours Tues-Thurs, I am alredy starting to twitch.

"Danger Will Robinson, Danger!"

Good beer makes me want to eat...
Free, good beer makes me want to eat everything...
Good luck!

Back