free website stats program HDT Weight Loss Challenge | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

HDT Weight Loss Challenge

......Me too.....taste like chicken.......:p

My wife loves cats, we have two of them. In Viet Nam though they love them more like what you are referring to. You don't see many dogs or cats over there, unless you go to one of the village eaterys and order some veal.

Sorry about the change of menu Dr. Evil although cats might be low calorie.

But seriously we are all for weight loss and any informative ideas thereof. America as a whole should be more aware in this area. There are more chronic health issues that arise from unchecked excess weight that any other single factor. Hoping you do loose that weight again and keep it off. I will salute you with each lite beer and be pulling for you.

If you haven't tried it though, you might want to try the canned carrots and beets (there are others, just look up on the internet under negative calorie foods). They are great when you feel like you must binge on something. Don't cheat yourself at breakfast though. Eat like a King at breakfast, a prince at lunch and a pauper at supper.

Benjamin Franklin (of whom I read his autobiography) was one of the smartest men I ever read about, said that we should always get up from the table just a bit hungry.

I have lost 170 pounds and kept it off for over 2 years. I feel like a kid again. I had major health issues and had to have gastric bypass surgery inorder to save my life. The best $27,000.00 that I have ever spent.

I started a thread called something like "new years performance mods" in Dec. '09. I was meaning to get fit and lose weight. Several members posted good results to that thread during the year. I just could not get motivated, and if fact gained about 20 lbs. Christmas Day 2010 I weighed 240 lbs. Jan. 2, 2011 I started walking, and being conscious of my food portions. I have missed only 2 days walking (road trip with the guys) and eat small amounts several times a day. It's working, but I don't know how much because I won't get on the scale.
I do know I can fit into my 36's instead of the 4o's. I'm gonna weigh myself May 24, my 66th birthday. I hope to be in the low 180's.
So DR. Evil after all that....

I'm IN!

Breeze, between your challenge, my husband's teasing incentive for me to lose weight so I could go live on an island in the south pacific and moving from an outside job to an inside desk job, I've lost 35 lbs in the last year. :D

I'm still living in the great midwest, but all is well. :s What worked for me, was terribly hard, but I mainly changed my diet, cutting out the pasta dishes 5 times a week, (between lunches and dinner, that's probably a pretty close guess), and working out again.

As for the work outs, I mix it up, 2 months of this, 2 months of that, now that it is soon to be warming up, I'll be doing less working out inside and more working out outside. :) BTW, hubby likes it too. :s

5 beers last night, not a great start.

Cats and Squirrels
"Didn't Eddy used to eat these things"
"Not since he found out they were high in cholesterol

You MUST have learned that here in the South. I wouldn't eat okra for the first 40 years of my life, now it is one of my most favorite vegetables.

Roger that and if you would have told me I would be eating grits every morning I would have told you you are nuts but I do:p

I will bet if some of us had not lost weight and taken better cair of ourselves we could be dead by now...Cant ride a harley.:(

I will bet if some of us had not lost weight and taken better cair of ourselves we could be dead by now...Cant ride a harley.:(

That's why you never see any fat people in nursing homes. Not that I want to live quite that long either.

Back