free website stats program HDT Weight Loss Challenge | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HDT Weight Loss Challenge

I started a thread called something like "new years performance mods" in Dec. '09. I was meaning to get fit and lose weight. Several members posted good results to that thread during the year. I just could not get motivated, and if fact gained about 20 lbs. Christmas Day 2010 I weighed 240 lbs. Jan. 2, 2011 I started walking, and being conscious of my food portions. I have missed only 2 days walking (road trip with the guys) and eat small amounts several times a day. It's working, but I don't know how much because I won't get on the scale.
I do know I can fit into my 36's instead of the 4o's. I'm gonna weigh myself May 24, my 66th birthday. I hope to be in the low 180's.
So DR. Evil after all that....

I'm IN!

Dr. Evil 2 yrs ago I weighed 250 lbs, I'm 6'-2". My blood pressure was up, my cholesterol was up and everything else bad. The Veterans Hospital told me I had to loose weight of they were gonna put me on blood pressure and cholesterol pills. In 4 months time I lost 27lbs down to 223lbs. Not a dramatic loss but on my next appointment they checked all my blood work and the blood pressure, the cholesterol everything was back to normal. So there are advantages to loosing weight besides just the weight.

I eat less, drink lite beer, and exersize with weights. But after 2 yrs I still weight 223 (give or take on a given day). Sometimes when I feel I have to binge I will eat canned vegies like carrots or beets. You can eat the whole can for less than 200 calories. I stay away from cokes.

Dr. Evil 2 yrs ago I weighed 250 lbs, I'm 6'-2". My blood pressure was up, my cholesterol was up and everything else bad. The Veterans Hospital told me I had to loose weight of they were gonna put me on blood pressure and cholesterol pills. In 4 months time I lost 27lbs down to 223lbs. Not a dramatic loss but on my next appointment they checked all my blood work and the blood pressure, the cholesterol everything was back to normal. So there are advantages to loosing weight besides just the weight.

I eat less, drink lite beer, and exersize with weights. But after 2 yrs I still weight 223 (give or take on a given day). Sometimes when I feel I have to binge I will eat canned vegies like carrots or beets. You can eat the whole can for less than 200 calories. I stay away from cokes.

i was with you until the LITE BEER!!! :bigsmiley29::bigsmiley29::bigsmiley29::bigsmiley29:

i was with you until the LITE BEER!!! :bigsmiley29::bigsmiley29::bigsmiley29::bigsmiley29:

You know when I was younger I used to make fun of guys that drank lite beer. I told them they were paying for water and they may as well add a regular beer to ice water and make it go further. And there might be some truth to that.

But I starting drinking lite beer a couple of yrs ago and now I actually like the way the stuff tastes (at least Miller Lite and Bud Lite). And I seem to enjoy it more since it does not buzz me out real quick the way regular beer does. Course I don't need a lot of beer. Just like when I grill or the end some days.

I really got a kick out this guy at work once, he told me he needed a 12 pack to get a buzz. I told him I doubted seriously if I could even drink a 12 pack in a days time (even if I wanted to).

You know when I was younger I used to make fun of guys that drank lite beer. I told them they were paying for water and they may as well add a regular beer to ice water and make it go further. And there might be some truth to that.

But I starting drinking lite beer a couple of yrs ago and now I actually like the way the stuff tastes (at least Miller Lite and Bud Lite). And I seem to enjoy it more since it does not buzz me out real quick the way regular beer does. Course I don't need a lot of beer. Just like when I grill or the end some days.

I really got a kick out this guy at work once, he told me he needed a 12 pack to get a buzz. I told him I doubted seriously if I could even drink a 12 pack in a days time (even if I wanted to).

i am not much of a beer guy just corona and polar (local Venezuelan) everything else bloats me, even miller lite. like the polar the most comes in 8oz bottles so stays cold all the way to the bottom. at and 8$ for 36 i think i will call in it my favorite:drunk

i am not much of a beer guy just corona and polar (local Venezuelan) everything else bloats me, even miller lite. like the polar the most comes in 8oz bottles so stays cold all the way to the bottom. at and 8$ for 36 i think i will call in it my favorite:drunk

Corona is good, too expensive for me but very good. I get bloated if I drink it too fast. If I have serious pain (physical or mental) I pull out the Tequila.

But another thing Dr. Evil, I read that some vegies (like carrots and some others) actually burn 70% of their calories during digestion. So if the can label says 145 total calories you are gonna burn up 70% of that during digestion.

Another thing that is not that cool to talk about, but taking metamucil after a meal will help you stop after that first plate full.

Also the added benefit of exercising with weights is it builds muscle and muscle will keep burning calories even after you have stopped exercising !

But I've noticed one thing, once I got past 55 yrs old the gut may get smaller with diet and exercise but it ain't never going away. I believe even if I went on a starvation diet I would still be a skinny old man with a pot gut.

Back