free website stats program HDT Weight Loss Challenge | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

HDT Weight Loss Challenge

Thanks to Dr Evil for starting this thread.

At 40 yrs old, I was 5'8" & 285 lbs, today at 49 I'm 198 -my goal is 180. First I cut out sugars, no candy, ice cream, cake or drinks with high sucrose corn syrup & I stopped gaining weight. When my doctor told me I was borderline diabetic, I started exercising & ate a steak & a hamburger once a month (bacon or sausage once every other month), chicken & fish mostly, sometimes a vegetarian day once a week. I mostly stopped drinking beer and now drink mostly whisky & soda water or wine. I try to ride my exercycle 5 days a week during the evening news while using weights for upper body muscles. Last year my doctor said I improved, but this year she said I was back on the borderline.

This year stress at work kinda caused me to slip and sleep instead of practicing those new good habits and got maybe 10% off the diet. There were 6 months where I lost about 5 lbs each, and its now a struggle to stay under 200. Any suggestions of how I can refocus and get down to 180?

:dknow

Stress brings another dimension to trying to loose weight. If there is something that you do or somewhere you go that helps you relax it would help. Do you have anyone who is sharing your goals with you and can help you focus on your goals? While your stress level is high you may only be able to maintain your weight, but if you can focus the exercising will help bring your stress down. Moderation and a consistant sleep pattern will also help you deal with the stress. Good luck and stay in touch. Don

Stress brings another dimension to trying to loose weight. If there is something that you do or somewhere you go that helps you relax it would help. Do you have anyone who is sharing your goals with you and can help you focus on your goals? While your stress level is high you may only be able to maintain your weight, but if you can focus the exercising will help bring your stress down. Moderation and a consistant sleep pattern will also help you deal with the stress. Good luck and stay in touch. Don

Good points by DON, stress can do a lot of damage both physical and emotional. Once you get back on track it will become learned behavior Good Luck:s

Better than I could say it. :s
One thing I have found about me. Denial of something doesn't work, but moderation does. I kinda use a reward system, lots of veggies, and a small amount of the good stuff.

I started a thread called something like "new years performance mods" in Dec. '09. I was meaning to get fit and lose weight. Several members posted good results to that thread during the year. I just could not get motivated, and if fact gained about 20 lbs. Christmas Day 2010 I weighed 240 lbs. Jan. 2, 2011 I started walking, and being conscious of my food portions. I have missed only 2 days walking (road trip with the guys) and eat small amounts several times a day. It's working, but I don't know how much because I won't get on the scale.
I do know I can fit into my 36's instead of the 4o's. I'm gonna weigh myself May 24, my 66th birthday. I hope to be in the low 180's.
So DR. Evil after all that....

I'm IN!
Well, due to my buddy being here for my birthday weekend, and us boosting the revenues of brewers, distillers and BBQ restaurants, I missed my goal by 7 days.
A little trumpet intro here....... but today I am 184 lbs.!! 56 lbs. gone since 1/1/11. I can now run as much as walk, and feel a lot better overall. I think I can still lose a few more, but maintaining is my long term goal. :sd

Well, due to my buddy being here for my birthday weekend, and us boosting the revenues of brewers, distillers and BBQ restaurants, I missed my goal by 7 days.
A little trumpet intro here....... but today I am 184 lbs.!! 56 lbs. gone since 1/1/11. I can now run as much as walk, and feel a lot better overall. I think I can still lose a few more, but maintaining is my long term goal. :sd

Good for you Breeze, moderation and exercise is the key here, if you do over do it a bit extra on the exercise and push a bit farther each time. I have found with my stretching therapy( DR ordered) if I do a few more each time I can feel the burn I know I have gone far enough, Best of luck on your plan:s

I found this post at a perfect time for me. Done the dr blood work thing and all this past month and he's cleared me to be active again as reasonable. Tomorrow I begin, weigh in at 9am. Probably be about 285 ish. 10 years ago I weighed no more than 210. Looking to be back in that range again. The old 88 SB would run like a scalded dog with 75 pounds gone.

6/1/11 weigh in 284.....lets see how I do. It's also my one month anniversary on HDT:newsmile108:

Camo speedo! Oh I'm goin' to use that. No man could dare cheat with a piece of cheesecake with that thought in his head.

Congrats Breeze! I had to treat myself to a hot fudge sundae today though. :p But like you said, moderation is the key, every now & then, a treat is a good thing. :)

Back