free website stats program Harley Davidson's Suggestion Box | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson's Suggestion Box

:small3d018:
Most definitely!!!! That air gauge is garbage!:lolrolling Also would like to see better quality tour pak hinges and latches!

HD makes premium tour-pak hinges. HD part number:79211-08A They are really heavy duty and match the look of the latches. About $50 a pair. I have them on my 09 ultra.

+1 on the air temp gauge, the poor wheel/valve stem design on the 09 (front and rear), and the no inspection cover on the primary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Smitty, I am with you there, simplicity and minimalist was the "plain vanilla" EVO air/oil cooled families approach...the Low & Nightster models for the new GEN types. Refine their current models...but cut down on the variants of the same models and get the water cooled family of tourers started...

Oh...and avoid the mistakes Honda made (opps, said that name again) with their repeated marketing snafus (although their technology is pretty good, after throwing tons of R&D $$$$ and making plenty of trial and error starts and stops with their V4 designs...funny how they have come out with their "NEW & IMPROVED" (for the umteenth time)...still their loss leader, but they keep plugging away at it.

I for one am not nuts about a water cooled touring bike it will end up being like a gold wing a car on two wheel all covered up in plastic and a monster to work on.

Oh it would be More than a Monster. It would be a Frankenstein to work on.
I myself could not own a water cooled. I would rather spend the money on restoring the air cooled model of my choice & stay out of states that have tailpipe emissions. And by the time I HAVE to go water cooled, I most likely will be Horizontal and won't care!

Hoop!

I am beginning to see a very clear and distinct pattern of repeat complaints here.

What we need, more than anything else is a MOCO that is more responsive to customer complaints and suggestions. Customers should not have to keep complaining about the same things year in and year out. For them to do so indicates a manufactuer that is more interested in making a profit than making repeat customers.

I hate it when I go into a Harley store and the prevailing attitude is "you riders need us more than we need you, and oh, by the way, that will be $12.50 per quart for our synthetic, synthetic oil which we keep trying to cram down your crankcase". I mean I feel like a hostage everytime I have to go in there for something. That can't be good in the long run.

:newsmile026:
Use better speedometer's & guage's, ones that are at least water resistant, not all riders are fair weather riders. Stop using so many junk parts through out the bikes. How about a seat on the Heritage that you can sit on for more then just an hour and no stitching that lets the rain soak into the seat foam. An oil cooler on these hot running (e.p.a. approved) motors should come stock! Try to satisfy the owners/buyers a little, instead of only trying to keep the stock holders happy. Without us, you wouldn't have any stock holders! As long as you've been building these Harley's, you'd think you guys would have figured out how to do it right by now. Don't cha think...
:newsmile07:

I am beginning to see a very clear and distinct pattern of repeat complaints here.

What we need, more than anything else is a MOCO that is more responsive to customer complaints and suggestions. Customers should not have to keep complaining about the same things year in and year out. For them to do so indicates a manufactuer that is more interested in making a profit than making repeat customers.

I hate it when I go into a Harley store and the prevailing attitude is "you riders need us more than we need you, and oh, by the way, that will be $12.50 per quart for our synthetic, synthetic oil which we keep trying to cram down your crankcase". I mean I feel like a hostage everytime I have to go in there for something. That can't be good in the long run.

The kind of attitude you are talking about at a Dealer in fairness would be on an individual basis. In Indianapolis the Honda dealer which is one of the oldest in the country, if not THE oldest....does not work on any Honda that is over ten years old. At the Southside Harley Davidson dealer in Indy, I have seen the mechanics working on HD "Relics". I'll go for the latter in this discussion.

Although not perfect I think H-D service network across the board is as good as the best and better than the rest. Who wants to go to a dealer that says...."Nah, we ain't gonna work on your 11 year old cycle....you need to buy a new one from us...." In a case like that they can take and old cold tater and wait.:bigsmiley24:

Back