free website stats program GOOD Dealers And Experiences | Page 31 | Harley Davidson Forums

GOOD Dealers And Experiences

Black Hills Harley Davidson, Rapid City, SD
The salesman fitted me with exactly the right used bike for me at a very reasonable price. I feel I got a very good deal.
The people at the parts counter are great. There chrome guru is second to none.
The engine noise on this bike is considerably louder than I am hearing from other bikes. I took it to their shop told them I had just bought it there. They gave me the "It's normal" speech and recomended that I just ride and enjoy. I think the problem was that they misunderstood. I was not there to complain. I wanted to have it fixed, and pay for the repairs. Now...I have the tools...and I am getting the technology I need from the great people on this site...I will do most of the work myself.

Cole HD in Bluefield Wv., had a flat on the rear today, picked up a construction screw somewhere along the way, about 1pm, after a call to HOG, they lined up a rollback, I called Cole and spoke with their service manager. The rollback got us to the dealer about 5pm, and by 6:30 I was on my way with a new tire/tube. While they had it on the service lift they changed out the rear break light switch which has a service recall out on it. Great folks, friendly,helpful and courteous, what else can you ask for? They are about 150 away, but i will ride out and visit them again,hopefully when nothing is wrong, just for the heck of it. Thanks Guys a job well done.

Antelope Valley HD on Lancaster/Palmdale, CA has been the stand up shop for me. I've bought (2) HD's from them within two years and the prices out the door for each was well below MSRP. Not to mention the extra perks such as the 1,000mile check up included in the deal...

The price you ask?

I paid $22,000 OTD for a vivid black 2012 Street Glide with ABS, security, and cruise control... I paid well below MSRP a year prior for my '11 48 too...!

The 48...

IMG_20120426_090817.jpg

The Street Glide...

IMG_20120603_135059.jpg

Smokey Mountain HD, Pigean Forge, Tn. Always above and beynd what I expect. Travelers are assisted on a priority basis.

Roosters Harley Davidson, Sioux City, IA. Have not bought a bike from them yet, but have had my current ride, and the prior one serviced there. They have treated me well from day 1, fair prices on parts/labor, greet me by name anytime I'm in the store.

Maybe the next time I'm ready to buy, they will have the bike I'm looking for.

Cool Springs Harley Davidson in Franklin Tn
Appletons Harley Davidson in Clarksville Tn

I have recieved good service from both places. bought mine at the Cool Springs store. They couldnt have been better to work with. No pressure, they just let me look and if i had any questions just nod and they would be right there. they let me ride about a half dozen bikes untili found the one that fit.

As for service, they have never tried to cheat me. any repair or questionable item they will always call and explain to me beforehand instead of just handing me a bill and watching me pass out from shock.

Sweetwater HD in National City Ca

I havent done any business at the shop yet, but it is true that you can judge a shop by their employees. this 1 will be a winner. I was on my maiden voyage after rebuilding my 67 shovel. I discovered that the reserve was clogged an I ran out of gas during friday eve rush hour I-8 San Diego. A gentleman named Jim Greenwood stopped I told him my problem he said he had a gas can but no $ all I had was a 20 so I thought I would take a chance. he was back in no time with my gas,change and receipt. And wouldnt accept any $ for his effort. We all have to buy parts somewhere these guys get my vote. thanks again Jim:bigsmiley12:

Javelina Harley Davidson in Boerne, TX. Bought a bike at another dealer in San Antonio, long story short my first Harley was a (EDIT) , they wouldn't go good for. Javelina took the bike in trade, gave me $400 more than I paid for it, and sold me another, far better bike, for only $200 over what they gave me. Good people there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frederick H-D, Frederick Maryland - Annual service, warped front rotors and pads, adjusted hi-way pegs with no charge - excellent Frederick HOG chapter member deal on service rental.

Old Glory H-D, Laurel Maryland - Basic service

H-D of Baltimore - Replaced headed grips, Repaired shift shaft leak at transmission and chain adjuster. new battery, 35K service and new rear tire...also, periodically have service discount specials as well as parts discounts...way cool!

All three have what I consider excellent customer service...

Fort Thunder Harley Davidson in Moore, Oklahoma

I took my ride in Thursday for the complimentary anniversay inspection and wash. During the inspection, it was recommended both tires be replaced and the clutch adjusted. I already knew I needed new tires so I agreed to have them replaced. They said they would throw in the clutch adjustment. Further inspection revealed a bad inner primary seal. It was getting late in the day and it wasn't going to get done until the following day. Just my luck, my wife and I had some other appointments in OKC that day and she had already gone home after dropping me off back at the dealership. Oh, and did I mention...home is about 100 miles away. So here I am thinking that I was going to have to call my wife to drive back up to pick me up. Anyway, to make a long story from becoming longer...the Service Manager at Fort Thunder had one of his technicians drive me home. That act has left a lasting impression. I may just have to buy my next ride from them as well.

Back