free website stats program Fat Bob vs. Street Bob | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fat Bob vs. Street Bob

I just read a review on a 07 Street Bob (old review, yes... but new to me) in which the writer claimed that you won't be driving over 65 because the "guts" just aren't there and it would take a Herculean effort to maintain effective control... any thoughts on this?

I can only speak from the tower of experience of "once":D but I recently rode Hobbit's Street Bob which has had considerable upgrading carried out. It has mini-ape handles which I'm not used to as well.
I was doing 90mph for a stretch and it felt absolutely sound, stable and solid on the road. I can't relate to the description of having a problem maintaining effective control. I was getting over 80mph no worries at all out of my 883 sporty BEFORE stage 1 conversion so I find it hard to accept the the stock Street Bob can't go over 65:bigsmiley22:. Sure it's a heavier bike but it's got a significantly bigger engine than 883cc. JMHO from the grand old experience of one good ride on a Bob.

I'm not sure if I can find the review again. I believe it was a british journalist and I got the impression he was more used to sport bikes and such.

It is always each to their own and that is the great thing about harley.

I personally couldn't change my fatbob for anything, everyone will eventually find their "Me Bike" and i found it, everything about it just fits me. I was from a dirt bike background, so the bars were just perfect, the forward controls really help with my size (like alot here i'm 6'3).

It is by no means a sluggish bike compared to alot of the fat tire harley's (stock i mean), saying that i recently put the super race tuner on it and cant stop the (EDITED) fish tailing when i get over excited on a roundabout.

I can ride for hours on end and have no problems, i do want to change from the stock seats because i find harley have kind of tried to save money in 09 with their seats, but it still isn't bad.

Now the street bob i would totally have as a secondary bike, i is nippy, stripped down and does what it says on the tin. Only thing you really need on a street bob (or any other bike really) is louder pipes (they save lives y'know) hehe.

I like both, but the fatman is just my perfect fit is all.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a 08 FatBob. Love it. PowerCommander, SE/AC and Kromewerks 3" slip-ons and man what a bike. Fits me perfect too. I'm 5'10". Love the stock seat and the dual headlamps light up the road nice. I'm getting between 40 to 45 miles per gallon. Had it Dyno'd and increase the stock HP and TQ by 12 each. Handles beautifully, love the handle bars. The tommy gun exhaust looks sweet after a fine polish of Pledge.

Right now they are advertising walk right in and test ride any new bikes at harley no obligation. Thats what id do.

Right now they are advertising walk right in and test ride any new bikes at harley no obligation. Thats what id do.

I saw the ads about the test rides and no obligations too. I visited two dealers listed in the HD website (as participating dealers) and they both said they didn't have any test bikes. Just a fyi - i live here in phx, az
:(

I saw the ads about the test rides and no obligations too. I visited two dealers listed in the HD website (as participating dealers) and they both said they didn't have any test bikes. Just a fyi - i live here in phx, az

That kinda stinks... I'd think if they wanted to sell bad enough that any bike in the showroom would be a "test bike" if it could become a "sold bike."

Motorcycle has some rider reviews of the Street Bob with a couple of owners claiming the bob won't "track straight" and not getting any good help from the dealerships. One even claimed that only 1 in 6 he test drove actually drove straight. Is this just HD bigotry or is there anything real there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Did you try Buddy Stubbs? They did have some for test rides but that was 6-8 months ago.

Cowboy

I cant realy see a dealer not letting you try a bike befor you buy it. I would not buy a bike befor trying it. But I've also never bought a new one. But realy, I would never dish out that kinda dough without trying it.

Back