free website stats program Fat Bob vs. Street Bob | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fat Bob vs. Street Bob

its all in the appearance as both bikes are mechanically the same and produce the same power, its all down to weight and style, i love the look of the FatBob with the twin disc's and twin lights and all the beefiness but for me i really like EXILE bikes and my bob is a as close as i will ever get to one

That's almost hits it on the head for me too!

its all in the appearance as both bikes are mechanically the same and produce the same power, its all down to weight and style, i love the look of the FatBob with the twin disc's and twin lights and all the beefiness but for me i really like EXILE bikes and my bob is a as close as i will ever get to one

Hey Hobbit - is there a big difference in braking between the single disc on the Street Bob compared to the two on the Fat Bob - especially when you're working the needle upwards? :D

Having two front disks is a BIG difference!
I had a shocking experience coming from a Sporster Roadster (2 Disks) riding a Street Bob: it seemed with no brakes at all!
Bt it's just a matter of getting used to it.
Of course, you cannot think of approaching curves braking like Valentino Rossi... :s

Ciao
Ugo

Having two front disks is a BIG difference!
I had a shocking experience coming from a Sporster Roadster (2 Disks) riding a Street Bob: it seemed with no brakes at all!
Bt it's just a matter of getting used to it.
Of course, you cannot think of approaching curves braking like Valentino Rossi... :s

Ciao
Ugo

Especially after yesterday in Jerez :D:D.
That man is just something else on a motorbike:small3d031::D

I'm basically a bagger guy and wasn't much for the Dyna line at all. Until I saw the Fat Bob while looking for a solo ride. For what it's worth, the Fat Bob looks great, fits me very comfortably(I'm 6'3"), feels awesome on the road, and I can ride it all day with no problem (since getting a windshield). After riding an Ultra, the Fat Bob fells pretty nimble to me. Ultimately, you need to pick the bike that makes you feel the best. You can't go wrong with either the Street Bob or the Fat Bob. Just sayin'.

Attachments

• my two rides 10-20-08 009.jpg
    my two rides 10-20-08 009.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 68
Well I have a fat bob and my girlfriend just got a street bob. Both are my favourite hd bikes. We are both shorter 5'6. I had a guy put powder coated brackets on my fat bob to bring the pegs back and up a couple of inches. You can't even tell they aren't stock. Now the forwards fit fine on the fat bob. Take them both for a boot, that's the only way to decide. Unless you can convince your g/f to get the other and then you can ride both whenever you want LOL ;)

Back