free website stats program Fat Bob vs. Street Bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fat Bob vs. Street Bob

I'm with ugocon here. While I love the look of the Street Bob, if the Fat Bob had been out a bit longer (and I could have found one used at a decent price) I probably would have leaned towards it. I did not like it too much at first, but when I sat on it at the dealership I was in love. With that said, I purchased my Street Bob, cause it was my first love and I do love it. It is a great bike, nimble and great for a solo ride (which is all mine is used for right now). If I did more 2-up I might have considered going for the extra money of a new Fat Bob or waiting to get one used.

I love both for different reasons. I love the fat tires and the overall "beefiness" that the fat bob shows although I'm not crazy about the flared tail.

I love the street bob for the old school clean look. I don't know that my wife would ride with me alot, but it would be nice from time to time if she wanted to hop on and take a cruise. I was wondering about an addon type second rider seat... maybe something that came off easily?

Also... how are they (both) for long hauls?

I love both for different reasons. I love the fat tires and the overall "beefiness" that the fat bob shows although I'm not crazy about the flared tail.

I love the street bob for the old school clean look. I don't know that my wife would ride with me alot, but it would be nice from time to time if she wanted to hop on and take a cruise. I was wondering about an addon type second rider seat... maybe something that came off easily?

I took my FatBob on a 200 mile ride last weekend. Did the trip in less than 3 hours. Wasn't going for speed, I was trying to see if staying on the bike for 3 hours would give me monkey butt. Nope. My real first highway ride since I got her last August. Handles beautifully and like Hobbit, no Hiccups. The seat design is awesome. Your sitting in the bike, not on it. The Street Bob is set up for one rider. That's the design and look. Two can ride comfortably on the FatBob no problem. How about the FatBob and change the Rear Fender? :wall

we just fitted to a fxdb, fxdf drag bars, forward controls, nightster tail/turn signals and laydown licence plate, n blacked everything out, n it looks great, even looks good with the fxdf dual seat. the fxdf is the bike if you want to ride hard the street bob is a bit more relaxed

They make add-on second seats, although from what I have read the passenger pillion that Harley makes is not all that comfortable. The stock seat was pretty good for me, but got occassional numbness on my 40 mile commute, so I just switched to the Mustang Solo Tripper, so far so good, and you can get the passenger pillion for that, which I would venture is more comfortable than Harley's. Bottomline is this is easy to go from solo to 2-up, but not ideal for the passenger if you are doing any length of ride, BUT you can get whatever seat you like to add the comfort you want.

As for long hauls, I do 50 a day and have done up to a 100, no problem. Bike is comfortable for the ride and as Hobbit pointed out a blast to ride, you can cruise or push it through the twisties.

Heck of a dilemma to be in! Overall I'm leaning more toward the Street Bob... it matches my laid back style a little more but it looks like it'll get and go if I want it to. On the other hand the fat bob is a fine looking bike that looks like it's packed with power :small3d023:

I need to sit on some when I can get to a dealer.

When you get to a dealer,not only sit on both but take them both for a demo ride. All dealers around here have bikes for demo rides and are more than willing to get you on them. Thats how they sell them.

Back