free website stats program Fat Bob vs. Street Bob | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fat Bob vs. Street Bob

Good luck Kansasjase!
I'm gonna try and talk my wife into an Iron or Nightster.
But I gotta talk her into learning how to ride first...

The great thing about my fatbob is the handling. It rides like a sport bike and the dual front disks stop it on a dime. Can't wait to get it to the mountains in september.

I agree, "too many choices" but that may be changing too with HD limiting the number of model variations. But it all boils down to your comfort level and preference. Myself, I love the minimalist look of a street bob, but that is also the reason why I got a sportster roadster, besides the dual disk brakes.

The past 18 years i've had a Sporty, 12years and 270k on a 94 Heritage, a Wide Glide, and last year bought a Fatbob. Got her up in Queensland and rode back to Perth. 5326K's later, the best Harley I've ridden. Since then have chalked up another 6 thou or so and in that time changed the bars to 12inch mini apes(off a 07 wide glide) race tuner and big sucker, have solo and 2up seats, repainted and pinned black pearl over viv id black, and lots of bling in the Harley skull theme. Looks and goes awesome. As I said in another post Harley's should be renamed BOAT. Bring out another thousand.:bigsmiley16:

The past 18 years i've had a Sporty, 12years and 270k on a 94 Heritage, a Wide Glide, and last year bought a Fatbob. Got her up in Queensland and rode back to Perth. 5326K's later, the best Harley I've ridden. Since then have chalked up another 6 thou or so and in that time changed the bars to 12inch mini apes(off a 07 wide glide) race tuner and big sucker, have solo and 2up seats, repainted and pinned black pearl over viv id black, and lots of bling in the Harley skull theme. Looks and goes awesome. As I said in another post Harley's should be renamed BOAT. Bring out another thousand.:bigsmiley16:

Sounds a beaut PK. Any pics of the Bob??

Sat on a co-worker's 08 Street Bob today and I fell in love. Perfect fit. It has Screamin Eagle air cleaner, power commander and V&H black Big Shots...(EDITED) Very tough looking. He's looking to upgrade to something bigger for his wife to ride along on so he wants to sell. $13k It's killing me because I just don't have the scratch yet.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
13K seems a bit high. I know there is stuff on it and this is someone you know, but you could easily just buy new for around that, or find a low mileage 07 for around 10-11. Do your analysis before you just jump on the first one you find. I got my 06 bob last year, with just 1500 miles on it for under 10K. It had most of you what you see in my pictures (thunderheader exhaust, AN Big Sucker, blacked out bars, forks...)

That's good to know... I would sure if the add-ons pumped up the value that much or not.

13K seems a bit high. I know there is stuff on it and this is someone you know, but you could easily just buy new for around that, or find a low mileage 07 for around 10-11. Do your analysis before you just jump on the first one you find. I got my 06 bob last year, with just 1500 miles on it for under 10K. It had most of you what you see in my pictures (thunderheader exhaust, AN Big Sucker, blacked out bars, forks...)

I just read a review on a 07 Street Bob (old review, yes... but new to me) in which the writer claimed that you won't be driving over 65 because the "guts" just aren't there and it would take a Herculean effort to maintain effective control... any thoughts on this?

Back