free website stats program Fat Bob vs. Street Bob | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fat Bob vs. Street Bob

Well, I didn't try the Street Bob prior buying it: it was standing in the show room and I just said "I buy her!!!" :p

Nevertheless, when I bought my first HD, the XL1200R, I asked for a test ride and they gave my a 1200 Low to test, saying that the Roadster woud have been more confortable (and it was actually...)

I think a dealer cannot afford a whole range of bikes to provide as test ride: they are strongly devaluated when on sale as used bikes!

But they should have at least one model per range, i.e. one (or two) Sportsters, one Dyna, one Softail and so on...

Ciao
Ugo

Think the Fat Bob is a bit more aggressive looking and riding....
Street Bob more relaxed....baby apes and all

I think that sums it up perfectly and I love both worlds... however, Street Bob is more my style. One of my closest friends doesn't like how "plain" they are. He prefers chrone and shiny paint.

Fat Bob versus Street Bob, that is a tough decision. I had a friend get a 2007 Street Bob new, and I thought what a great looking bike, I really liked it. Then I saw the Fat Bob, and really liked it too. Test drove a Fat Bob at C & C Cycle Chariton, Iowa, and he let me test drive any bike I wanted too. My Superglide got damaged by a falling tree, so I thought great time for a different ride. So got the Fat Bob, Vance and Hines Big Radius exhust and Arlen Ness Big Sucker A/C, Black Denim paint. Found the best bike for me, no regrets! Rock on!

I saw the ads about the test rides and no obligations too. I visited two dealers listed in the HD website (as participating dealers) and they both said they didn't have any test bikes. Just a fyi - i live here in phx, az
:(

Try Chester's HD in Mesa, and look for the sales person, Jo Donovan.

..... One of my closest friends doesn't like how "plain" they are. He prefers chrome and shiny paint.

Tell your friend to look at my Streetbob. Plenty of chrome and shiny paint.
saddle_up.jpg

I changed my bars to Street Slammers. I love apes as well, but this suited the theme of my bike better.
I added lots 'o chrome. A 21" billet front wheel with a fatter tire and a solid chrome rear rim with a 180 on it. Chromed my dash and added a bunch of bling. I still LOVE the blacked out engine and tranny case.
Point is, start with a basic bike and make it into whatever YOU want.

They are both great bikes, so I think it really depends a lot on if you are going to have a passenger or not. My local delaer actually had a Fat Bob as one of his demonstrator bikes and he also rolled out a brand spankin new Street Bob off the floor for me to try out. They both have their advantages; SB with the mids controls and mini apes and FB forward controls, 2 up seating and flat bars. They both really do ride very nice. I chose the Fat Bob, put on a set of HD soft bags, windshield and 3" Cycle Slip ons and let her roll. Put almost 4000 miles on it before I went up to the Ultra Classic Limited. Wife and I went on 3 different 600 (+) mile trips and not a single issue with the bike. I honestly think whichever way you go is a win. The 96" motor is a sweet running piece of equipment. I never went with the full stage 1 because I decided to go up to a dresser and with just a set of slip on they really sounds and run nice.

Back