free website stats program Famous people you met? | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

Famous people you met?

I'm working dignitary protection at the Monday after the Masters on the 12th I'll let you know then who I meet. I have been assigned to one of the groups but not sure who yet.

I met Mondo from Denver Choppers great guy really understands the biker life. Russ Mitchell from Exile Cycles this guy runs full speed all the time. Arlen Ness unbelivably easy to talk to and is very open to anybody. Met all these guys in Sturgis.

I met Billy F. Gibbsons of zztop. I was down in texas and I was in a western store with a warehouse behind it. and there was really loud music coming from the warehouse and I walked behind the store to see what was going on and I saw the street rod and looked in the window on the door and they were practicing. Turns out they owned the warehouse and used it to practice. it was cool they came out and we talked.

I met Lee Marvin in Sudbury Ontario Canada in 1962. He had a TV series then and I guess he was playing tourist. He made the local six oclock news .

We got to spend half a day with Jullie Andrews while she was making the movie The Princess Diaries. She was beautiful gracious and friendly. We wanted her to sing The Hills are Alive, but she was having problems from botched surgery on her vocal chords. One of the grips was a guy off of Friends, but I don't remember his name. The trip was a generous gift from the Make A Wish Foundation for my terminally ill daughter. Please help out this organization if you can. They are fantastic.

Back in the day, I used to play bass in a traveling road band. We played all over the country in clubs and hotel lounges. While in Nashville, Tenn I met Ann and Nancy Wilson of "Heart", they were staying at the Holiday Inn we were playing at. "Heart" was playing a concert at the Tennessee state fair. Met Glen Fry and Don Henley from the "Eagles" they were playing a concert at Notre Dame. Met Buck Owens and Merle Haggard while playing a club out in Bakerfield, California. Also met Ron Howard in Victorville, California, he was in town filming a movie.

Back