free website stats program Famous people you met? | Page 13 | Harley Davidson Forums

Famous people you met?

I bought Jimmy Johnson (NASCAR) a shot of tequila and a beer the day after he won the Coca-Cola 600 a few years ago . I also spent a couple hours 'visiting' with Von Dutch, the legendary pinstriper extraordinaire back in the 80's.. a genius, without a doubt, but above all, one heck of a nice guy! Musicians and singers, too many to mention, but I did have a picture taken with one of the REAL legends of country music.... Ernest Tubb. And Faron Young, well, he used to LOVE my Momma's potato salad on picnics.

Being ex army and then working 10 yrs in airline security overseas. I met so many famous people from ex presidents, military, movie stars, politicians, sports teams/individuals, music icons. But the two guys who stand out was Alice Cooper, with James Brown a close second. These 2 guys were the nicest celebs I've ever met.

Celine Dion (didn't go to her concert...worked it), Steven Page (Barenaked Ladies lead signer), Tea Party Lead singer (he came into club and ended up at our house party...he played elvis tunes on my guitar all night) Had the whole band from (can't remeber name) at a race track I was running.

And last but not least F1 in montreal....turned around and Jesse James was standing right there.....Oh and just bought my Harley from Kent County Custom and he was on canadian biker build off and he built the hockey bike.

forgot one....Robert Maillet....alot of people don't know him but he was the big guy in the movie 300 and lately Shirlock Holmes as the big french guy. The next movie he's doing is next to Antonio Banderes and he's got the leading part.

He lives about 25 minutes from me and works at one of the businesses I sell to..he actually saved me in a bar one night...the guy was coming at me from behind with a pool cue....he took the cue out of his hands and drug him outside. He is as big as he looks in the movies.....we call him the acadian giant.

the lady on the beach that sells beer 5 for 10 Bs which is 5 beer for just over a dollar....well she is famous to me :cheers

I drove Bob Seger around a small town I lived in called Blind River in N Ontario . Met Martin Short before he got famous. Met Jim Henson when i was a kid at summer camp.

Bertie Higgins singer from the Tarpon Spring area at a meeting of the committee to raise money to restore the lighthouse at Anclote Key.

Went to the same high school as Ronald Reagan. got to meet him about a year after he left office, when he came to visit the school. He actually came over and hung out with the longhairs. he was a real character and good guy.
Nice to read the kind words about President Reagan. I had the honor of working at the White House for 13 years. Eight of which were while President Reagan was in office. I've never met a more personable man. He always spoke, and always had a funny story or joke for us. We sure could use him in DC now.
Also worked for President Carter.... what can I say about him? Well.... even at picnics in Americus, GA he wasn't as personable as President Reagan.
Fun years, long ago.

-------------------------------------------------
Well, I worked for the White House (Military, cheap labor) for 13 years. So I met:
President and Mrs Carter
President and Mrs Reagan
plus a lot of staffers and cabinet members.
I have enjoyed being a friend of members of REO Speedwagon for about a dozen years. Good friend: Dave Amato, (lead guitarist) has opened a lot of doors for me.
Through him I have met numerous musicians: (thanks Dave)
Gregg Rolie (Santana, Journey, and Gregg Rolie Band)
Ted Nugent
Spencer Davis
Tommy Shaw (Damned Yankees, STYX)
Many more but not that impressive really. Also:
Larry Walker (St Louis Cardinals slugger)
I met Stevie Wonder in the Las Vegas Airport men's room. Well, I didn't really meet him. He was kinda busy and so was I. But I saw him and COULD have met him. He didn't see me. :rofl
In Tombstone AZ I met Ralph Earp who is a decendent of the Wyatt Earp family. Wyatt didn't have any children.

In the late 70's I drove limo and had the pleasure to work with just about all the acts that were on' tour. I never asked for an autograph but kept all my backstage "all access" passes. Starting with Elvis, Frank Sinatra,Neil Diamond,Hall&Oats,The Greatful Dead,Cindi Lauper,Beach Boys,Waylon Jennings,America,Johnny Cash,Allman Brothers,John Denver,Tom Jones,Charlie Daniels,Aerosmith,Yes, Rod Stewart and many more. I was lucky enough to do this over a number of years and was able to work with many of them more than once and in fact spend time with some of them not just back stage but in the hotel rooms for some party time.
A seriously impressive list!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back