Votes: 200 12.3%
  • Amsoil

Votes: 439 26.9%
  • Lucas

Votes: 48 2.9%
  • OTHER (Please Specify)

Votes: 129 7.9%

• Total voters
I went to a rice-burner shop for the Spectro. They had to order in the 75W140 6-speed stuff and the 85w chaincase, but they carried the brand. Got the Amsoil MCV 20w50 through a local Amsoil dealer for the engine based on the white paper. Fixin to swap out the M1 I have in all the cars to Amsoil too.

TQ

OK, here is some data for you folks that like that stuff. Just changed all the lubricants this past weekend. Engine oil had 3,910 miles on it since the last change, but I have been changing the filter every ~1,000 miles and topping up the oil level. Here is a picture of the plug straight out of the pan, and cleaned up. Very happy with this. This is the lowest amount of "fuzz" I have had on the engine oil drain plug.

TQ

Attachments

• Engine oil drain plug.JPG
    Engine oil drain plug.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Engine oil drain plug-clean.JPG
    Engine oil drain plug-clean.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 61
Amsoil dose testing on there motor oil compared to syn 3. You can find this info on there website. Also you can use the motor oil for your primary and tranny. It is a little more expensive, but so is a harley.

mobil 1, tried screamin eagle when i first got my scoot, decided real quick that wasn't the oil for me, tried amsoil with no real problems , just wsn't satisfied, using mobil 1 v twin now and very satisfied, i am goona try the 75w90 in the tranny

Before I came to this forum Harley synthetic,now Mobil1 Thanks,the bike likes the last3,000miles better than the first 20,000

I use Mobil 1 Synthetic 20/50 (V-Twin) in The Crankcase, Trans, and Primary. I have a 2008 FLHX (As you can see by my username). Living in Southern California, I've found that this works really well in my machine.

The first 10,000 miles of the machines life it had Syn 3 in it, and I noticed a lot of Trans whining in 5th and 6th Gears. With the Mobil 1, this whining sound is gone, the shifting is smooth, and the valve chatter is much less noticeable at 2500-3000 RPM.

Anyone have similar luck with the Syn 3 junk that HD pushes like crack to addicts?

Back