Votes: 439 26.9%
  • Lucas

Votes: 48 2.9%
  • OTHER (Please Specify)

Votes: 129 7.9%

• Total voters

glider.

BOT Machine
I wanted to post a poll to find out what kind of engine oil you use to get an idea of what's being used.

Please keep all conversations and questions on oils to the oil forum instead of posting them in the POLL threads.

The POLL threads are for gathering information on the products and not for discussions about the products themselves .

The OIL forum is for the questions and answers.

Oil - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
At 1k service the dealer put Syn3 in all 3 holes. I have since corrected that. Mobile1 V-Twin 20w50 now resides in the crankcase.

As per your recommendations oh high and mighty one - I did aleviate that dasterly transmission condition by replacing the Syn3 with Mobile1 75/90. Much smoother shifting I might add. Now - to find a place to buy some of that Spectro stuff you are raving about.

Right now I'm running amsoil, I ran syn 3 once and regretted it, but I needed fresh oil before I took off to Sturgis and the only place I knew to get amsoil was closed........for Sturgis, The bike ran hotter, and I went back to amsoil as soon as I got back. I'm thinking of using M1 since it seems to be more available than amsoil.

M1 V Twin Is all I use in the motor. It's readily available and is widely used in hi dollar new cars too. It also says to use the M1 for oil changes in the same cars on the cap so there must be more to it than just a low supplier price IMO, plus I've never seen Amsoil touted as the factory fill in anything.

These cars all use it as a factory fill (M1)

Aston Martin
Bentley Amage and Bentley GT
BMW all models
Cadillac CTS, XLR, SRX and STS
Mitsubishi EVO
Porsche vehicles
Chevrolet Corvette
Dodge Viper
Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles
Mercedes SLR
Pontiac GTO
CVO Harleys < syn3