Votes: 200 12.3%
  • Amsoil

Votes: 439 26.9%
  • Lucas

Votes: 48 2.9%
  • OTHER (Please Specify)

Votes: 129 7.9%

• Total voters
I just been told a pure synthetic is wasting money on an engine with 10,000+ miles on it.so its got tpo be manufacturers spec I'm afraid.

I just been told a pure synthetic is wasting money on an engine with 10,000+ miles on it.so its got tpo be manufacturers spec I'm afraid.

I'd like to know the reasoning behind this. The synthetic oils stand up to a higher temp without breaking down unlike dino oils.At 250* the dino oil is already starting to deteriorate. The syn oils surpass this temp by a very large margin before starting to run into a problem. The temps on the dipstick are only part of the picture. The oil temp inside the motor and running through the piston oil jets can be very much higher than 300*

i182_OilBreakdown.jpg

I'm thinking of switching to amsoil 20w50 motorcycle oil in my bikes any opinions on amsoil??

I went to a rice-burner shop for the Spectro. They had to order in the 75W140 6-speed stuff and the 85w chaincase, but they carried the brand. Got the Amsoil MCV 20w50 through a local Amsoil dealer for the engine based on the white paper. Fixin to swap out the M1 I have in all the cars to Amsoil too.

TQ

Last edited:
I used Amsoil in all three holes because of the results I saw in this poll. I run a 99' RK Twin 88. The trans oil I drained was discolored, had a few metal particles, and it was hard to shift into neutral.

Back