free website stats program Do You Heel Shift? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Heel Shift?

Took me about 10 minutes to get used to it. Wouldn't have it any other way. Mechanic at the dealer recently lowered it (without asking me) towards the floorboard making it really easy to shift. I barely have to raise my heel now. I love it!

I was afraid to move it as a lot of guys have goofed up their shifter rod by moving their rear linkage and it became loose and they couldn't tighten it and had to change out the rod.

Like many others, I use mine all the time! Can't remember not anymore. Not sure how good it would be without floorboards.

I am 50/50 with it but when I dropped her this past Aug and broke my foot it was the Lord above and that shifter that got me home as upshifting really really hurt and pusing down was easy. Oh, and the wife grounded me for 30 days from riding :rofl

I'm in the use it all the time camp, but only on the bikes with floorboards. Like some of the others, I lowered the heel shifter way down so it's almost even with the floorboard. Shifting my foot a little back and stepping down is all it takes.

On the bikes without floorboards I don't think I'd even want to try. That just sounds like it could be very uncomfortable.

Back