free website stats program Do You Heel Shift? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Heel Shift?

Used mine right after I got the bike. Then I switched to just using the toe shifter, now I'm switching back... For some reason I couldn't get the timing right when using heal shifter. I think I was just trying to shift too fast... I was used to my Honda and there were times I didn't even use the clutch when I shifted it...

I lowered both the toe and the heal shifters and flipped the toe shifter over to give me a little more foot room and love it!

just trying to picture flipping toe shifter over u woudent have a pic to post thank you ...

I use mine all the time. I did get longer shift levers from Walters Warehouse. i got the longest ones they have. Gives me room to move my foot around and I can set the back one low enough it is about even with my floorboard. I just slide my foot back and step down

Took it off the FIRST day I had the 09 Road Glide, the next change will be replacing the foot boards with forward pegs/controls...

I took mine off as soon as I got home from the dealer. After 30 years of riding without one, I'm too old to learn how to use it. The toe and heel shifter are the same on my bike so now I have a spare shifter.

Don't use it. I tried it on the Ultra I test rode. Didn't feel natural (it's an old dog new trick thing).

Been doing the heel-n-toe as long as I've had floor boards... Toe to go and heel to slow!

Last edited:
Use mine all the time. Like said before took some getting used to but love it now.
Installed Kuryakyn board extenders so they now set at either end of floorboards and in a bit so I have full use of boards. Toe shift is set to low to get my boot under it.
Riding the Low Rider, with mids, now seems odd to me

Back