free website stats program Do You Heel Shift? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Heel Shift?

Wouldn't ride without it. My old Honda 750 did not have one. When I got my Softail it had a heel shifter and I immediately fell in love with it. I don't ever want to go back to just the toe shifter.

Use mine all the time. Like others said takes a little getting used to but I wouldn't have it any other way now.

Don't use it, unless I'm wearing dress boots and want to keep from scuffing them.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Used to use mine all the time but have noticed lately that I am using the toe shift more..dono't know why, it ain't a conscience thing. My bro owns an 08 GW, apparently GW have tranny issues and he was told not to install one on his b/c it would "void" his warranty..hehe, sounds like the MoCo.

lowered my heel shifter just bumps my f boards when shifting & cut peg down to 1/4 length gives me more room on f board..

I lowered both the toe and the heal shifters and flipped the toe shifter over to give me a little more foot room and love it!

I never used one before the Ultra. I made up my mind from the beginning that i was going to learn how to use it. I did, and it's great. Especially as Hobbit said, if you have floorboards. I have mine adjusted where it shifts just as I bottom out on the floorboard. Like yourself I'm not too concerned with the scuff marks on my boots. They are after all, riding boots! Give it an ernest try, you can always take 'em off! :D

Back