free website stats program Do You Heel Shift? | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Heel Shift?

bikerdad

When I first got my bike I thought the heel shifter would be great because I had never had one before. I thought I would use it to up-shift every time. I have never used it and it is just in the way. I am thinking about removing it. I have heard people say that it saves the top of your boot from getting scuffed, but my boots are for riding and I don’t care.

So, I was wondering. We all have them, does anybody use them?

I would have to say that I have grown to use it all the time. It started out alittle odd but then all it took was getting use to it.

The first thing I did was take mine off. It was getting in my way. When I am cruising I like to move my foot around a bit.
It is now hanging on the wall above my workbench.

I don't use mine very often and sometimes if I have on bootcut jeans the rear shift peg will get caught in the jeans when I put my foot down. I sometime of removeing it but I can't decide if I reaaly want to.

The first thing I did was take mine off. It was getting in my way. When I am cruising I like to move my foot around a bit.
It is now hanging on the wall above my workbench.
Me too! I never had one before the Heritage and I didn't want to even try it.

I always use mine. When I first got a bike with it; it took a little time to get used to; but now I cant imagin riding without it. I had to adjust mine down a bit; the factory had it installed pretty high up; I had to really lift my foot; now I basically slide back and up just a touch. There is a replacement that will alow you to pivot the heal portion out of the way when you dont want to use it; that may be a cool option.

I don't use mine. This is the first bike I've had that had it on it... Not that it isn't a good thing, I just am use to toe shifting only. Old habits are hard to modify...

I use mine all the time. Just took a little getting used to coming off a Sportster. I ordered a pair of shifter extenders to free up a little space on the floorboards but they're not installed yet.

I use mine all the time.I had to make an adjustment to lower it down a bit.I have had it on two bikes now and dont think I could go back to toe shift.I even used to heel shift on my sportster.

Just took my heel shift off. I tried to get used to it, but couldn't. I had a tendency to stomp it. This will cause problems with the shifter shaft. 30 years of toe shifting versus 8 months with heel shift. Toe won.

Back