free website stats program Do You Heel Shift? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Heel Shift?

When I first got my bike I thought the heel shifter would be great because I had never had one before. I thought I would use it to up-shift every time. I have never used it and it is just in the way. I am thinking about removing it. I have heard people say that it saves the top of your boot from getting scuffed, but my boots are for riding and I don’t care.

So, I was wondering. We all have them, does anybody use them?

Always

Heel to Toe is the way to go. I too found using the heel to toe shifter a bit odd at first, but now I it's all I can use. Without the heel shifter i am lost.

drove lots of bikes with heel & toe shifters and always thought they were stupid and in the way untill riding our local PD bikes, the officers set them low, almost on the floor boards and they are great. could not get my toe under the front shift pedal to up shift so i had to use the heal shift, i got off the bike on a bike with just toe shift and really missed it. when i get old enough to own a bagger i will have a toe & heel shift set up for sure!

Put me down as a yes. Ive been doing it now for over 10 yrs and im not sure i could do it the old school way anymore. It really is conveniant once you learn to click down for everthing.

drove lots of bikes with heel & toe shifters and always thought they were stupid and in the way untill riding our local PD bikes, the officers set them low, almost on the floor boards and they are great. could not get my toe under the front shift pedal to up shift so i had to use the heal shift, i got off the bike on a bike with just toe shift and really missed it. when i get old enough to own a bagger i will have a toe & heel shift set up for sure!

I ride a cop EG and the both heel and toe shifters were set close to the boards when I got it, and I left them that way. Its my first bike with this setup but I it only took a day to get used to it. I really like it and also feel it makes neutral easier to find.

I test rode a Fatboy at Daytona, purchased mine after I got back home and had the floor boards and toe/heel shifter removed and forward controls with heel rests installed before I took it home. Don't care much for mid controls either.

Back