free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

Harley Davidson / Buell of Tucson (Arizona)

Can never get a stright answer out of the service dept. I always complained about the same problem everytime it went in for service. Always the same response. "Can not duplicate the problem". Took it to another dealer (owned by the same corp.), explained , again, the problem. Service writer had a few suggestions and had the mechanic check it out for me. Problem found and corrected.

Mine and the wife's now go to Sierra Vista HD

Steer clear of Mancuso's, rude and unhelpful. Could write a book on them...

Heard good things about Independence in Bryan TX, bit of a drive from Houston but worth it.

Biker BOBS Harley in Taylor,Mi . what a joke flat front tire told i would have to leave bike not wait but leave bike:bigsmiley19: im 50 miles from home duh ask why not right away. response is there are 30 people ahead of you.i ask are they stranded NO!(edit) plus they want 200.00 :bigsmiley31: the tire is brand new just need tube retards so i called motor city Harley in Framington hills ,mi 80 bucks to fix luckley old dude seen what was up offered to trailer me and my bike 30miles to MOTORCITY HARLEY great guys:majesty

Yeah, I avoid Taylortucky Bob's. Motorcity and Detroit Harley seem to be the nicest and most accomidating. However I now mostly use private mechanics as they don't charge me $80 an hour and treat me like i'm not important.

See post #33 by TexasJohn.

I had a front brake squeal problem with my Street Glide. The mentioned dealer by TexasJohn wouldn't fix the problem as per the Service Bulletin I found here on HDtalking. Even mentioned I has an extended warranty, but it would cost me $80-100 bucks to have it fixed, without using the warranty.

Long story short, called Texas Harley, Bedford TX spoke with my salesman. He said, Bring it here, I'll take care of ya. Let me tell ya what...THAT PLACE ROCKS.

Brought the Glide to the service center parked in front and spoke to "LD". Filled out the paperwork and was even given a discount coupon for the store. One hour later, walked back to the service center. Bike was parked in the same place. I thought the glide hadn't been seen yet. (Wait, it gets better) "LD" walked out and said..."Was just about to call ya, she's all ready". He perfromed the bulletin work.

Now for the "That place Rocks" part. "LD" told me that if I had any other problems, call him about an hour before I get there, and he'd clear a lift for me.

fellow riders ...THATS SERVICE

Just visited House of Harley in Milwaukee and left w/ a bad taste in my mouth.....just bought a 09 Ultra in April and couldn't even get 10% off a Tshirt (as a HOG member). I've had great dealings with Al Muth HD in Wis, Sauk River HD in Wis and Black Hills HD in SD (great dealer).

really wouldnt recommend biketown, austintown oh or new castle pa either, pretty arrogant most times there

If you need warranty work done, all of them. HD has, in my mind the worst customer service I've ever had the misfortune to experience. My first HD is my last. I will trade mine for a Japanese bike as soon as I can. Sorry, I gave 'em a try and everything I've heard about them is true. Basically, if you don't want to work on your bike a lot and you want a worry free motorcycle do not buy a Harley.:49:

Valpraiso Harley Davidson is a dealership that I won't ever deal with... unless you want to buy one of their bikes with their price, they don't want to deal with you...
I went to buy my first Harley this year in march when I told the salesman what I wanted he showed me everything but and they would budge a bit on price.:bigsmiley19:
So I went to Kersting's in North Judson, got the bike I really wanted and they came down in price a grand.:newsmile090:

By the way Valpo HD also owns three other dealerships in Indiana

north texas harley davidson in carrollton tx. based solely on the service department. took my bike in because the volume on the radio kept "skipping" they replaced the radio with one that did the exact same thing and tried to tell me it was fixed. would not replace radio a second time so I left and will never go back.

Back