free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

I wouldn't recommend dealing with Street Track N Trail in Meadville, PA. The impression I get from dealing there is, "Once we have your cash, don't bother us with service." Perhaps it's because they're not an exclusive HD dealer. They have several imported brands plus Honda automobiles to sell. My problem arose from a headlamp warranty issue discussed in another thread, in which they "forgot" to replace the headlight retaining ring in the bucket causing the lamp to vibrate / rotate around in the housing. When I stopped in a shop closer to home and asked to have the headlamp tightened because it was moving around they informed me about the missing ring. Longer story short, ST&T made it such a hassle to try and get them to make it right, I decided that if I had to purchase a new headlight elsewhere to avoid going back there, I would. My "closer to home" shop sensing my frustration, acquired the retaining ring and repaired my headlight for me at no charge. Now, where do you think I want to take my bike for service? Right! My "new" bike shop just installed my Arlen Ness Big Sucker and Vance & Hines staggered bigshots w/ Power Commander. So long Street Track & Trail! :lero

Ocean County Harley in Lakewood NJ.
they run it like a car dealership, hence the owner has a cpl used car lots.
you walk in the door and the Land Sharks (salesmean are on like fleas on a cat)
no deals, all bussiness.
not for me

Gilligan
I went through PA. this summer and stopped at a Harley shop called Street, Track and Trail in Conneaut Lake. Man we can't possible be talking about the place!!!
Just stopped for a break. The saleman and I went for a ride on a couple of demo's, even though I'm from Wisconsin, and wouldn't buy a bike that far from home.
Then I went by the service dept. and ask the manager about a issue with my 09 Ultra. We were overheard by a tech. So we started talking, we went out to my bike and he answered all kinds of questions I had, for a good 20 minutes. I was thinking all dealers should be like this.
Jonnierock

JR, That's the place, and to be fair my problem was probably handled by an inexperienced service person. I had previous good vibes about the place, but this "simple" headlight matter with my new Wide Glide really turned me off. And as I said, the sales half of my experience was excellent. One thing is certain, eventually if you do enough business somewhere you're going to have a problem. My perspective is, it's not whether you have a problem or not, but rather how it's handled that matters. At any rate, I've found a new shop closer to home, and they've lost a customer. There are plenty of shops that value your business and let you know it. Glad you had a positive experience in PA. There's a lot of great riding around here. Come on back!

Black Diamond Marion Illinois , My wife bought an 08 deluxe 2 weeks ago , stated deal was $8,400. trade for her 04 low rider , was closeing time and i was busy trying to make sure we got some other parts thrown in or ordered . Not being like myself, i did not look over the paperwork before my wife signed it , anyway , in looking it over later i realized they put down $8,795. trade . Called them saturday told them about it , they never called back. went down there today to get the windshield they ordered , talked to them about the sale , they finally came up with $300. of the $395. difference , we took it and told them as far as we are conscerned , they still owe us $95. , they said they don't see it that way , that we still got a good deal. Maybe we got a "good deal" , but we still did not get the deal offered . Told them we would never do business with them again. They still owe us two keys and an owners manual . Wonder if we'l ever get them ?

Anyone else had any problems with Black Diamond ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eastgate Harley Cincinnati.
They are liars and scam artist and I can prove it. I was warned about the place before I bought there, but due to location, I gave them the "benefit of the doubt".... my mistake! I will never spend another cent there and will tell everyone I know not to due business there.

AMC Harley Davidson BAD DEALER

I have already gone through Harley Customer NO Service, they side with the dealer. Even when they said the dealer was wrong. I love Harleys but I hate this dealer, if he won't take the Sportster in on trade like he should.
I'm going to drive down to his store on weekends, and stand on the street with a protest sign. Just to see if I can stop people from going inside.

We took in a 09' Harley Sportster to trade in on a 2010 Harley Street Glide special order. We were told by the salesman that we would have to take our trade-in to the original selling dealer to make the trade, not them. The salesman (rick)also told us that they didn't take trades, even though they had used bike on the sales lot. He told us that they had to many Sportster’s and didn't want ours. There was 3 of us there when he said all this, and we all heard him. We rode the Sportster down there to make the trade, it was in there lot. We wanted to leave it there, when he wouldn't take the trade we took the bike home and are trying to sell it our self. Harley Davidson ran a Promotion in 2009 that if you bought a New Harley Sportster you could take it to any Harley dealer with-in a year and trade it in for full MSRP. They won't honor this, so I have no recourse but to file this complaint.

Re: AMC Harley Davidson BAD DEALER

I thought the dealer would apply what you paid for the bike, not MSRP. It would not make sense to me if the bike's MSRP was 7999.00 but you paid 6999.00, they would allow more in on trade than you paid.

Is your bike damaged in any way? Did you add accessories they don't want to pay for? Have you owned it more than a year? You purchased it new? Crazy amount of mileage?.. Something is not right..

Re: AMC Harley Davidson BAD DEALER

I thought all dealers were bound by the same set of rules

Back