free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

Harley Davidson of Jackson Ms. This place is beyond a joke. A buddy of mine was getting a valve job done here on a set of shovelheads.We gave them new Harley valves and guides to put in the heads.All we wanted to have done was cut the seats and lap the valves and re-assemble.When we went to pick them up they told us one of the valves was bent and charged him for a new valve.I pulled my buddy to the side and told him to get the "bent" valve.When he asked for it the mechanic had a strange look on his face and said, wow I put the old valve back in here.He left for a few minutes and came back with the head and a obviously old bent valve that had been cleaned up.My buddy raised cane but they would not come off the price of a "new" valve.Thats only one of many horror stories that my friends have gone through there.I was at Chunky River H-D this past Friday(very good people by the way) and the parts guy told me that he needed a part ,that was out of stock,so he called Earl(owner of Jackson H-D) and wanted him to UPS it to him.Earl said ok that'll be full retail so the parts guy at Chunky River told him he was a dealer as well.He then told him oh ok it'll be retail plus 10%.What a jerk.Anyway he ordered it from Baton-Rouge H-D(also very good people) and it was there next day for dealer cost + shipping.When the new models come out every year you have to camp out at the dealership to get one.Earl will come out during the night and check on everybody and if you have left for any reason you lose your place in line.They are the most arrogant bunch of people you will ever come across.When you buy a bike from them you pay full sticker or you go elsewhere.A friend of mine was in there a while back and a guy parked a GoldWing out front and was interested in a new Ultra Classic.Earl came out from the back and said in a loud voice "whoever parked that Jap piece of crap out there needs to get it out of my parking lot".Needless to say he lost a potential new customer.

Last edited:
a friend of mine went to hd of frederick md to buy a night train and they completly ignored him. I stopped in there one day when I went out for a ride and had 3 salespeople walk by me several times and didnt even say a word to me. He left there and went to wmspt hd and bought a bike that day. As for me I will never give them my business
I can echo the sentiments of the Frederick, MD location. Wasn't impressed by anyone in there...aside from the bikes.

The Seaford, DE dealership has some friendly and helpful employees...I plan on getting my bike from there this spring. (My dad just recently bought a 09 883L from the same location. Good people.)

Priced a saddle bag latch spring at Bruce Rossmeyers in Ormond Beach. The spring at another local dealer is $1.50. At Rossmeyers the same spring is $2.83. A Screaming Eagle Ultra at Rossmeyers is $46000. Other local dealer $36000.Bruce Rossmeyers Destination Harley will not get any of my money

Heads Up HD Dealers: I'm also one that won't consider buying from someone who will not mark prices and accessories on a bike. Gives us a starting point. That is the reason I didn't buy in MO. I've yet to find a dealer in the state that will display prices. Plus, the ones around KC, MO generally have an arrogant attitude. Worth's does good burgers and dogs on Saturdays during warmer months. I may buy small items from them, but I will never buy a bike. Gail's seems to have the worst attitude problem. Tried to tell me I would never get the deal I stated to them from anyone. But, it seems they are the only ones around here who carry the Spectro 6-speed lube. Blue Springs is sometimes nice to visit, but will not buy from them due to non display of pricing info.

I DID buy my bike in the KC area, only in Kansas at Central South in Olathe. They left me alone (I'm one of the odd ones who don't want salesmen hanging around trying to influence me. I'll be cordial, but when I want to talk bike, I'll let you know). I wandered in and out of the store many times, decided what I wanted to do, what I wanted on the bike, then talked to Randy. He was Vet, which helped me talk to him. Not a 22 yr old who probably didn't understand what an old guy was about. I bought my bike and paid cash. Everyone was happy. Probably not the best deal ever made, but not the worst either. They mark their bikes prices and add-ons in prominent view. MSRP and go from there. Threw some things in and knocked off money to boot. This was in late Sept.
So far the service department experience has been positive. Took the bike back to them about two weeks after picking it up and mentioned to Randy some things that were bothering me. Minor adjustmnets and nothing big. Took me back to the service area, told the guys there my concerns and was told to bring it around right then. Took 20 minutes for them to do what they needed. NO CHARGE. HAVE A GOOD DAY. They'll get my business until they prove they don't care. They got a recall part for the side stand waiting for me to show up for them to fix it. Got my name on it. Was told, just bring it by some week day and it'll take maybe an hour to slide you in between scheduled things.
That is my warning to HD dealers on how to lose and how to keep customers.

Last edited:
Orlando HD and Seminole HD have now removed prices from the bikes and also removed prices from their internet sites. Huge turn off to me.

Re: Dealers you wouldn't recommend

Mobile Bay, Harley Davidson in MOBILE, AL is the worst bunch of "scam heads" I have ever seen, Service department is kids that don't have a clue
(I had a chipped valve, they told me it was too high octane gas DA??) hahaha, Idiots. Do not trust the GM or FInance people at all. They will quote you a price and "bait and switch" you. The definatily will lie and manipulate the price, and interest rate, and tell you "its required" or such, then you get your payment book.Ouch, Mine was 4.5% percent higher than quoted!!!. Many people are in the process of suing them. STAY AWAY, TELL FRIENDS, RIDERS, everybody. Mobile Bay Harley Davidson in Mobile AL, is the worst dealer in the south (The worst, I have dealt with in 9-purchases, and 32-years riding). Biloxi, MS, Harley Davidson' service department isn't any better, I took the valve problem to them and was told by there service department, and mechanic, I needed a new coil??? ..what a joke. AVOID either of these dealers, or you will be sorry, I promise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: bad dealers tell us what happen

Biker Bob's Motown H-D in Taylor, MI. Went in there today, asked for a quote for a new Ultra classic and the salesman (We'll call him Don) tells me that HD doesn't like sales people to give out quotes because then the customers just use the quotes to shop around?!?! Duh!. That's why they call it shooping.Told him I wouldn't buy a bike (or anything else, for that matter) for that dealership.

I am probably in the minority here but before I buy anything, including transportation, real estate and yes, especially service on motorcycles, I find out in the very beginning what the out the door price is going to be. It matters little to me what trade in value is, nor does it matter about all the extra "add in" charges they are going to charge me with are. In the end, it their total price, not necessarily how they got there that is important to me. If it is more than I am willing to pay them, then we part company and I move on. I always do my homework before I make any major purchase, so I have a figure in my mind as to what is fair and what is not. From there on out it is merely an exercise in finding a seller that is willing to part with the product for what I consider to be a good deal for me, not necessarily them. Whenever I see a printed advertisement proclaiming all the benefits of purchasing their product, and it does not quote a price, but asks you to call or come in, I run for the door, not walk. Almost without exception you will pay a huge premium for that kind of ad. I have a fiduciary obligation to myself to buy things at the least possible cost while retailers have an obligation to themselves to sell at the highest price they can get. As long as we both negotiate with that in mind, with the understanding that we can both walk from the deal before any signing takes place, then all is well and nobodys feelings are hurt. Some retailers have a reputation for being more above the board and fair than others. If you live in a town for very long, you hear people talk and pretty much know who you want to spend your money with and who you don't. At the end of the day, all retailers have to earn the respect of you...not the other way around. It is important to me that I get that right. You may or not differ in your opinion.

Harley Davidson of
WV, South Charleston, WV

Went there to purchase my first Harley, waited 30 minutes to be waited on and gave-up and headed for the door. Ended up calling a now defunct dealership in Huntington, WV (Benji's HD) and the owner answered, told him what I wanted. He said he would have the bike I wanted in two months and would notify and sell it to me if I sent in a depost. He took care of business.

Back to H-D of WV. Took my bike in to have two new tires put on it. After 3 weeks I called and asked what was the status of my bike. They told me that they had put the two tires on but the bike was not totally re-assembled. I told them to roll it out on to the parking lot that I would be down in 30 minutes. They put it out on the parking lot. My six-week old Die Hard Battery was gone, mirrors were off the bike and a new H-D batter was installed though they had not put the battery box (chrome cover) back on. When I asked where my die hard battery was, they told me that they had sent it to the recycler because you can't have a "non H-D battery" on a harley. I then asked why the mirrors were off the bike...no answer. Next, I asked why the chrome battery cover was not on the bike. The guy said "we couldn't put it on". Needless to say I went ballistic. Took the battery cover and seated it and smacked it with the palm of my hand and poof it was on. Went nuts again on the guy. I had tools in my saddle bags so I put the mirrors back on and have never taken the bike back to those clowns for anything. Never heard of taking mirrors off to remove old tires and install new tires. (Edit)

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back