free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

I stop at many HD dealers. Wife and I were at Caliente HD in San Antionio TX this weekend, one of the bad mouthed dealers. They had many new bikes and a slew of nice used bikes. I was treated well and the sales people were attentive even though I was from outta town and a looky looky. Every Saturday they have free barbecue and live music. It was yummy and a good time.

Any dealership owned by Bob Cedebe
Republic HD Stafford Tx
Topeka HD Topeka, Ks

I'll second that. See my post way above for my personal experience with Republic HD.

I have spent 10's of thousands of dollars there for parts for my bike over the years. But my last experience with them is just that - my last one!! Even though they are 15-30 min. closer to the house than the other HD Dealerships here in the HOUSTON area, I will NEVER go back there.

TQ

Purchase of my 2008 HD.

I am an easy going guy, paying for the Bike in full 1 week before delivery. I have a passion for HD’s owning several models.
Would love to run a Dealership but don’t have the $$$

I rode to the dealership 1 month after delivery to arrange a warranty issue only to be verbally abused by there sales man (part owner) in front of other customers in the shop. I couldn’t get a word in and had to leave the shop feeling like I had been kicked in the teeth by a bull. I only wanted to arrange a time that was convenient to both of us to inspect and organize a fix/replacement parts.

That was on a Saturday, the following Monday I returned to speak to mechanical repairs (second part owner) to explain and find out if there is anything I had done to deserve such disrespect.
The “sales man” approached me in front of mechanic suggesting I was there worse customer and he didn’t want to deal with me again, worse customer I thought, who would pay for an item before they actually lay there eyes on it with utmost patience when waiting to speak to either one of the team at any time.

During the sale all was great until the bike was handed over to me. The attitude change. After sales? Very disappointing, rood, negative attitude, no passion for the product they sell and defiantly no friendly after sales customer service. (Take you money and move onto the next potential victim).

The sales man walked up to me and stated, they are only tin and metal. For a HD sales man to suggest HD’s are only tin and metal blue me away. With this attitude this guy should not be a HD dealer/sales man.

What passion does this person have? Be nice during the sale and an “(edited)” after the sale.

3 Months later I was still waiting on warranty parts, don’t feel like these guys want to deal with me, why? I have not got a clue!!!

Finally after 4 Months I have my replacement parts only to have one faulty. Bad chrome on the part, I understand this is not the dealers fault only a quality issue. Another was ordered. 26th April still no replacement. No phone calls to inform me, I need to keep contacting these guys as they have no communication outside the dealership.

In other words, you want it come and get it. Maybe if I purchased my next bike from them they may relise how serious I am about HD’s. Currently I am planning on a 2010 model. Not sure if they are an option for the purchase though.

Final after six months the replacement part arrives and a phone call to let me know its in. Now thats an improvement. A phone call!
Although there is more than one dealer in the country that will be happy to take my 2010 order.

It is October 08 and I am happy with my bike after all repair work is done. I did the repair work (refitting of parts) myself due to the lack of trust with this dealer.

I will say they have much to learn and improve on there customer relations.

Although parts will be purchase due to the dealer being the only one in the area.

Anyone experience a dealer that abused you in front of other customers for no reason. Sales man was part owner and use to sell realestate...throughout the sale all was OK..sale man did glote and talk about him self alot but after sales fell out of the window...maybe a power trip?

I was not impressed after paying cash a week before delivery.

Service is crap and has not improve for the 10 months I have been dealing with them..unfortanantly they are the only dealer within 500klms..to give you an idea I had stock wheels replaced with custom wheels... they put the wrong bearing spacer in first time round..I took the wheel in to save them the time and still they put the wrong spacer in second time around..when I saw the spacer was incorrect again I pointed it out and finaly third time round they got it right...mind you this is on a new 08 model.

I have no other option but to do first and future services my self..I will be using genuine parts and keeping all records for warranty issues if they arise.

Giving these guys a second chance by replacing the incorrect spacer was the last time they will touch anything on my bikes.

Thankyou WC

Last edited by a moderator:
North Country Harley Rt 3 Augusta Maine

After 1000 mile service on the bike something made a terrible squeak every time I shifted or let off the throttle. People on this post led me to a very loose drive belt.

I mentioned this to them today and they acted like I was crazy.

Man at the price of their service you would think they could get the simple things right!

Purchase of my 2008 HD.

I am an easy going guy, paying for the Bike in full 1 week before delivery. I have a passion for HD’s owning several models.
Would love to run a Dealership but don’t have the $$$

WC,

You failed to identify the HD Dealership that you had such a horrible experience with. It is important to warn others of a problem Dealership like you have experienced. Unfortunately, the only vote we have in these situations is with our dollars!!

TQ

REPUBLIC HD, STAFFORD, TEXAS.

See my post in "Transmission" called "Upgraded to SE 6-speed: not a happy camper!" if you want the gory details.

Best experience with GEO Cycles down in Angleton, TX.

Trying:

Stubbs HD
Mancuso HD
San Jacinto HD

Will NEVER go back to Republic HD even though they are the closest to the house!!! Goes to show you what happens to Customer Loyalty when it is not a two way street. Over the years, I have spent 10's of thousands of $$ on my bikes at Republic HD. Now those $$s are going somewhere else!!

TQ
Hello TQ
Know what you mean I bought my 03 RKC and 07 EGC at Republic when the 1st opened they were great Donnie was the Service Manager at the time and always trerated me well. In 07 when I purchased the EGC Donnie was the General Manager I went to Republic shoping for a new 09 UGC and Donnie was gone New guys in sales they quoted me 2K more then Goe HD thier service charges are $200.00 more then Goe's on the 1000 mile service Guess where I went GOE HD Howard the owner treats everyone that comes in as family
I am sorry to say that Iagree with you 100% Even though Rebublic HD is 3 miles from my home I get on the Scooter and ride to Goe HD for all my servcie needs 80 Mile round trip but worth it Not a bad ride if you take FM 521 into Angleon

Ride Safe
BuffaloBILl

Guess where I went GOE HD Howard the owner treats everyone that comes in as family
I am sorry to say that Iagree with you 100% Even though Rebublic HD is 3 miles from my home I get on the Scooter and ride to Goe HD for all my servcie needs 80 Mile round trip but worth it

Yep. When I was in the market for a bagger, I priced a new (I think '06) UC at Republic. Went through the whole deal even filling out all the paperwork. Luckily (for me), I told them I wanted to look around some more, since they did not have a black bike on the floor. Wandered down to GOE and saw the exact bike I wanted with more add-ons than the one at Republic. It was $2k less!!! And no pressure.

But they also had an '03 UC anniversary edition. Looked at both real hard, and decided to save the $7k and buy the '03.

So I agree with what you said. I will wander out of my way to go get parts. Of course, now I have had a bad experience with "Harley Davidson of the Woodlands" and won't go back there either!

TQ

Dean's HD in Sellersville PA. Ive never delt with them on service but I was in there the other night with the hots to buy a new Road King & after 20 minutes of standing around an empty showroom someone wandered up.. He had such an " I dont want to be here " attitude & kept looking at his phone ( I assume reading txt mess) I left... What a shame in this economy as I walked out of there with my 10g deposit still in my pocket. Although it was good for me as Im now bouncing back & fourth new to used with some of te killer deals on used out there.
Sean

Charlie's Harley Davidson/ Huntington W.Va. was in the show room a couple of weeks ago lookin around and spotted a street bobber I was interested in. While I was eyeing the add ons, a salesman walks up and asks if I'm ready to buy? I asked him "how much"? His reply was "If you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it"! Needless to say I left and will not return. Have heard good things about Man o War Harley in Lexington. Guess that's my next stop.

I've found that any dealership usually isn't the best place to get a tire mounted and balanced. For me I've found a lot of places that do better and less expensive mounts and balances. I'd rather deal with the smaller guys for stuff like that. You usually get better quality work and service.

Sad, but true. Sometimes METRIC dealers will do a better job at a better price for some things especially "Generic" work like tires change and balancing (carry-in off the bike).

In Ventura County - Southern California

Ventura HD in Camarillio as far as the Retail Sales and Parts departments, list prices only, but are friendly and knowledgable. If Active military, ask for 10% discount. They are my primary source for HD parts and accessories. Have not had any service done there so cannot speak about it.

Santa Maria HD in Santa Maria as far as the Retail Sales and Parts departments, list prices only, friendly and are also very good, but again I cannot speak for the service done there as well.

Cycle Pro in both Oxnard is very good regarding sport riding gear suitable for both metric and V-twin crowds, but their pricing of oils, lubes and chemicals is very good. The newer one in Simi Valley is similar, is also good.

Buena Ventura Motor Sports - also caters mainly to the metric crowd, especially riding gear and accessories; but has plenty of used V-Twins and again their pricing of oils, lubes and chemicals is also very good. They are the ones who mount and balance the tires FREE if you carry in, and you buy from them.

Work with your retailer, negotiate prices close to what you find on the Internet (does not hurt to ask them price you expect to pay (10% off list price or 10-15% above lowest price seen on Internet...I never try to gouge them especially if they stock the part or go through the trouble of ordering it for you...just take advantage of using your credit card "Product Guarantee protection clause" (Do not pay in cash or check for big ticket items).

Last edited:
Back