free website stats program cleaning plastic windshield | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

cleaning plastic windshield

shout stain remover SHOUT IT OUT!! best all around bike cleaner ever spray the whole bike front to back...
start from the bottom up when you spray it on...rinse from the top down...windshield to the tail light....great stuff....just spray it on let it set for about 5 min..hose'er down...let her dry no spots...chrome shine'n bright...bugs on the windshield just slide off

I use some stuff my wife bought me at the local HD shop. Works pretty well actually. On a windshield, Florida Love Bugs rinse right off with a hose.

BUGSLIDE™

I use some stuff my wife bought me at the local HD shop. Works pretty well actually. On a windshield, Florida Love Bugs rinse right off with a hose.

Looks like bugslide is an all in one cleaner for the whole bike. Interested in how well it works, let us know.

nice long windshield thread here. Does anyone know why,what, that 'scum' is that coats on older windshields? I have had two now. The ONLY way to clean it off is to scrape it off with something such as a credit card or other hard plastic scraper. Does anyone else know what I am referring too with "scum" ? It mostly appears down around areas that are not easily accessed for cleaning.

Someone help me out here. Im about to order up my third replacement windshield,

Bill

Back in my young Navy days, I remember many an hour polishing canopies and windscreens with some white liquid plexiglass cleaner. This stuff was pretty amazing for rubbing out small micro-scratches. I've never seen anything like it on the commercial motorcycle accessory market. Maybe Sporty's Pilot Shop might have some...I'll have to check that out.

OOOOOOOPPPPPSSSS !!!! I'VE BEEN GOING SIDE TO SIDE FOR YEARS AND UP AND DOWN AND WAS WONDERING WHY MY WINDSHIELDS ONLY LAST ABOUT 3 YEARS !:p:bigsmiley22::cry

OOOOOOOPPPPPSSSS !!!! I'VE BEEN GOING SIDE TO SIDE FOR YEARS AND UP AND DOWN AND WAS WONDERING WHY MY WINDSHIELDS ONLY LAST ABOUT 3 YEARS !:p:bigsmiley22::cry

I had the same windshield on my old bike for 7 years. Other than a ding or 2 from rocks, it was crystal clear. I used Liquid Glass Auto Polish once or twice a year and Plexus for quick clean-ups. If it was really bug coated, I'd lay it down and put a sopping wet towel on it and leave it for half an hour. Bugs wiped right off.

But always up and down. I'm not claiming originality on this by any means. Just passing along what others have taught me......

Back