free website stats program cleaning plastic windshield | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

cleaning plastic windshield

thus far, I know that Pledge is probably the best and easiest, cheapest quickwax for a bike, period.
2.) I know that RainX is NOT RECOMMENDED for plastic, only glass.
3.) Beading up is NOT a good thing on a windshield, because how the heck can you see through a curtain of bubbles? We need water lo disperse, like Rainx on glass - I'm using RainAway at $13 a bottle, but I have to be going over 55 mph for it to work like RainX at 35.

Gonna try Plexus next, or the LP Acrylic Polish and sealant. Many hours of research haven't given me any solid answers yet, including from this thread.

I've found since trying all of the other products, that plain Hotwater,clean soft towel, does just fine! and cost is "O"money...hmmmmm.:hii

I've found since trying all of the other products, that plain Hotwater,clean soft towel, does just fine! and cost is "O"money...hmmmmm.:hii

Awww. Its got to cost a little when you pay the water bill.....:shock

I use "Ace-it".Check it out on Their website.Found out about it from a pin striper.Super slippery after application. can be used on paint,chrome windshield.Bugs come off easy or don't stick because it is so slippery.
:s
Try it You won't be sorry!

I find using an "old" bath towel soaked in hot water, draped over the windshield for about 10 minutes will loosen the oldest nastiest bug gutz. Then a quick spray with a glass cleaner wipe ( with the same towel ) and you're crystal....clear that is.

Same here! I don't even worry about it being hot! Just rung-out wet and let it hang there for a few to set the stage.

I'll go with the lemon pledge. I learned this trick from airplane bush pilots many years ago. Planes have plastic windshields and they also have bug gut problems and no wipers. We also use it on snow mobile windshields and hoods. It really does work great. IT cleans well, shines and repels water better than anything else I have ever tried.

Back