free website stats program cleaning plastic windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

cleaning plastic windshield

softail00

What I find to work the best is using a damp sponge and a liquid wax (Fast Wax by Presta) take the bugs right off and leaves it clean and beads up in the rain. Note: paste wax in a can will not work it might but I wouldnt try it.:D

Service writer dude at the stealership told me to use a new fabric softner sheet---wet it til it drips, wipe all over the windshield & bugs will come right off. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds interesting. Tracy

Service writer dude at the stealership told me to use a new fabric softner sheet---wet it til it drips, wipe all over the windshield & bugs will come right off. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds interesting. Tracy

a little leary about the softner sheet ---- may scratch the sheild????

R.Lewis, Good point. I knew in the back of my mind something said not to try, but that's what I was told. Next time I'm in there, I'll ask again. Tracy

I use rain-x once a month on the outside of my windshield ,coat it twice,let it dry,rub it off. Not only does the rain bead away but when I fill up I use the gas station squeegy to wipe nmy windshield and it doesn't scratch. In the fall I use fog-x inside the windsheild and it keeps the negative pressure from fogging it up

Just wanted to make sure I understand this correctly before I try it. Spray can Pledge is what you are talking about Glider? This is ok for all types of plastic windshields? I've got a stock hd windshield on my Wide Glide.

Yes, spray can pledge, I use the lemon one:D

Been using it a long time and the bugs just don't stick to the shield. A spray of a little more to clean it and they come right off.

tn651s3.jpg

Back