free website stats program cleaning plastic windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cleaning plastic windshield

Yes, spray can pledge, I use the lemon one:D

Been using it a long time and the bugs just don't stick to the shield. A spray of a little more to clean it and they come right off.

tn651s3.jpg

Nice!! I pledge I'm going out looking for "Glider's Bike Shine" LOL!!!

We use this on aircraft windshields, it is designed and formulated for plastic and lexan. And at $35,000.00 a pop (per side) don't get caught using anything else, or you will be looking for a new job.

img0471.jpg

Hey Glider I used some pledge on my bike and just realized that I spent alot of money on alot of cleaning junk that I dont need.:bigsmiley29: MMM that pledge sure is some good poop:ap

I have used Pledge and Plexus, on Aircraft windshield in the Bush in Alaska for over 30 years and both work. I have found that Pledge can leave a residue that attracts dust. The guy up here use Plexus and another product called 210 plexiglass cleaner on the those spinning oil leaks (helicopters) and for sure they cost a lot more then our HD windshields.

Side note; anyone use the Klock Werks flared windshield on a Batwing??

Tim-06 ultra

Glider, an old dog can learn new tricks. I read your suggestion to use Pledge and decided to try it. Living in Florida you always wash off the grit on your windshield first. That grit contains some sand and can put a lot of swirls on the surface. After washing and drying I sprayed on the Pledge and WOW what a difference it made. Thanks, Glider. Fossil

Yep, haven't heard of anyone that tried it that didn't like it. Sure does the job and fast too. You'll even find that bugs don't stick as bad too after you use it.

Last edited:
I've always found that once the bugs have dried on, grab a towel and soak it, drape the towel over your windscreen and let it soften all the bugs up. After about 10 - 15 minutes you'll be able to wipe the soft bugs right off with no damage at all to your screen and no chemicals required. It'll work for all those who have "treated" their screens as well.:coffee

Back