free website stats program cleaning plastic windshield | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

cleaning plastic windshield

Been using Pledge for eons. Works on windshields, and other bike parts including chrome. Have never had a bad experience with it. The arosol can goes everywhere I do.

Pledge is the best stuff out there that is cheap and easy to find. I've used the expensive aviation specific products and have noticed hardly any difference. I've been an Army helicopter mechanic for 12 years and have always used Pledge on the plexiglass windows. Windex(and other alcohol based cleaners like hand cleaner) don't do any immediate damage but will eventually cause the plastic to glaze. And if you're just using water you have to be careful that you don't scratch the plastic. I have taken delivery of many aircraft in my career with windows that were severely glazed over and/or had swirl marks from mechanics using water and rough paper towels to clean the windows. But the Pledge can do wonders for polishing the scratches out. One down side to Pledge is that it causes the plastic to get almost a static cling to it which can attract dust. But the Pledge won't let it stick well so a little bit of water and everything comes right off.

Pledge is the best stuff out there that is cheap and easy to find. I've used the expensive aviation specific products and have noticed hardly any difference. I've been an Army helicopter mechanic for 12 years and have always used Pledge on the plexiglass windows. Windex(and other alcohol based cleaners like hand cleaner) don't do any immediate damage but will eventually cause the plastic to glaze. And if you're just using water you have to be careful that you don't scratch the plastic. I have taken delivery of many aircraft in my career with windows that were severely glazed over and/or had swirl marks from mechanics using water and rough paper towels to clean the windows. But the Pledge can do wonders for polishing the scratches out. One down side to Pledge is that it causes the plastic to get almost a static cling to it which can attract dust. But the Pledge won't let it stick well so a little bit of water and everything comes right off.

I wondered why all the bugs seam to go right to the windshield and stick :D

A word to the wise, and don't ask how I know because it hurts to remember, but, Lemon Pledge smells positively attractive to Africanized bees. Citrus trees are in bloom around here, and my scoot and me must have been some kind of disappontment to them, this past Sunday...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back