free website stats program BUBBIE'S OIL PUMP Problem.... | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

BUBBIE'S OIL PUMP Problem....

Re: BUBBIE'S Cam-plate update, a must read.

One thing I just found out is the problems with the anodized finish and the piston to cam-plate sticking (not nicely finished inside the cam-plate) might of lead to a Fix and also a different Manufacturer..

Good News then...

waiting for the new part.

signed....BUBBIE
Found the problem? Or taking a carefully considered swing at it?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Found the problem? Or taking a carefully considered swing at it?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Though my years of monkeying with my bikes and Now the newer style of cam-plate design, along with the many times apart and togethers I have done recently on this oil issue;

I'm going to Put on a new cam-plate and see.:newsmile07:

Nothing ELSE makes sense in the part department but the cam-plate.

signed....BUBBIE

That makes sense to me too... If the cam plate has a small crack in it, the pump will try to pull air instead of oil... IE take a straw, put a hole or cut in it half way up, then try to drink through it & see what happens... :D

This is a real head scratch er Bubbie, I hope we all find out not by trial and error what the fix is H D cover up HMMMMM parts up grade HMMMM

I hate to say it but, its one more thing to push me towards gear drive.

Bodeen

Though my years of monkeying with my bikes and Now the newer style of cam-plate design, along with the many times apart and togethers I have done recently on this oil issue;

I'm going to Put on a new cam-plate and see.:newsmile07:

Nothing ELSE makes sense in the part department but the cam-plate.

signed....BUBBIE

I've had to break down and start throwing parts at an intermittent problem also and your investigation does indicate the new camplate with changes is a great choice! Plus it wont break the bank on parts cost.:newsmile01: let the proccess of elimination be a tool! new parts can be a good thing:57: I hope you find quick and painless resolve as she's got to much strong and long life ahead of her yet!!!

I hate to say it but, its one more thing to push me towards gear drive.

Bodeen

I've always liked the gear drive kits. Everyone tells me they whin a lot though. Maybe when my cam chain pad wear out I will try it and see. If it ain't no louder than a Lenale fan I won't be able to hear it over my V&H's.

I have gear drives and I never hear anything out of them at all.

Can't wait to hear what the final fix will be... This has become a real "Cliff Hanger".

Good Luck!

I think there are a lot of the Newer TC's (07 thru 11) that have the problem with Low oil pressure when it should be over 30# showing but Drops to Lower than desired pressures...... These bike motors are Probably having the Oil Pressure Relief valve stick some-what Open... ALSO

A bike that idles Near "0" oil pressure when hot (not over heated) that Usually Idles at 15/20 lbs, Probably has the oil P.R. valve partially open or may be stuck fully open..

My bike usually hits 40 50 lbs right off when cold and i can see the O.P.R. valve working to lower the high Cold oil pressure to the 36 lbs. it tries to keep...

I think there is More to this Valve sticking Open then meets the eye...:newsmile070:

IF there is a Problem with Your Bike.
Most that have a oil pressure gauge, should be able to notice what I'm talking about.. The times the oil pressure would be at 30 psi or above BUT find that 20 is the most it will show and Go,,, THEN it may suddenly goes to 35 lbs over time (minutes later) The again, Staying at 20 No Matter what you do...
No change in gear or RPM will make it go above the 20/25 mark BUT it does it on its own and when it wants... ??? back to normal oil pressure.... Could it be the open relief valve Closing ???

like yesterday for me, Started,,, It idled at 2/5 lbs (normal 15/20) and when throttle raised I could only get 20 lbs out of it (normal high raised rpm would show 35+)... on the ride home and Cruising about a mile away from the start place it Jumped to 35/40 and then down to 34 # area ,,, Right where it Normally should be..

I could see the P.R.Valve working when I raised the RPM as the pressure went up and I could see the p.r. valve open to allow pressure to drop to the Normal 30/35 zone.. BEFORE this, I could Not get it over 20/25 lbs.
(was valve stuck open???)

Now this is Just for your information but I'd Bet I'm on to something here....

Watch your pressure gauge and see if you see any AB.normals..

I have talked with a few Builders that share my concerns about the valve sticking and Many Not noticing as they "either" don't have a oil gauge or watch it close enough to see AND maybe their bike is one not having the problem.....

The anodized finish on the materials have been long known by a few to have sticking abilities and Maybe the Newer cam-plate addresses that.. ???

Just FOOD for Thought... NO:boxing intended..

Just My Way:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

Back