free website stats program BUBBIE'S OIL PUMP Problem.... | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

BUBBIE'S OIL PUMP Problem....

Re: BUBBIE'S Cam-plate update, a must read.

Bubbie,

Glad you solved your problem and thank you for all the detailed information you provided. I also have 09 RK, so I have a feeling your information will be very helpful. I have an oil pressure guage ordered and plan to monitor the guage closely.

Tom

ps just ordered the Gen4, they hope to ship 8/15.

Thanks for the translation or i widna have kent fit ye were havering aboot

Brian, have you been in the sauce or are your fingers slipping off the keys
Ken

Just using the same words with keys as i would speak

Brian

Thanks for the translation or i widna have kent fit ye were havering aboot

Brian, have you been in the sauce or are your fingers slipping off the keys
Ken

I think you hit the nail on the Head Ken... "Two finger drinks" = first finger and Little finger AND Fiiner-up in between...:laugh

Right you are Laddie !!!

signed....BUBBIE

Let me see if there is a "take away" from this story. If we still have the factory cam plate, is it fair to assume we have this "better quality" item as compared to the first edition SE cam plate? 08 RK 96 ci.

Let me see if there is a "take away" from this story. If we still have the factory cam plate, is it fair to assume we have this "better quality" item as compared to the first edition SE cam plate? 08 RK 96 ci.

The SE Billet Cam Plate is made out of softer aluminum and anodized for a wear surface.. Very thin.
The oil pump gerotor Doesn't take long to wear/rub thru that thin area of Hardness on the SE Plate, it does show up as a groove early on..
So I would Not buy a SE cam plate as a replacement.. The Stock Casting IS Very Hard thru-out and in My 09 that it came out of,, Looked as new as when it went in.. (tight and smooth)

Too bad I (and Many others) had to have a problem with the (**)Bore and Piston Sticking open in different positions: Leaking around at close and not sealing. Then sticking in the full open position,, allowing LOW or NO oil pressure... (**on the pressure relief valve)..

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for the info, I feel confident the factory plate will be good for quite a while based on your experience.

BUBBIE, Glider, et all

I have a 06 streetglide, stock except for SE AF and exhaust, SE hydraulic tensioner, cam plate, oil pump (an upgrade?) and Smith brothers pushrods,running Mobil 1. I changed the to the new style tensioner, cam plate,oil pump assy after seeing and reading about the spring loaded ones on my model year here on the forum. I have been following BUBBIE posts with great interest as I believe oil is of the utmost importance to our machines. From what I have gathered from the recent posts. I can expect the anodizing on my cam plate to wear out and subsequently cause a loss or degradation of oil pressure. I have never seen my gauge any higher that 35 psi before or after the changeout. The reason as staed I chnaged it was one for the improved tensioning system and the "high volume" pump. now it seems I will be looking at doing something else in the future. Any thoughts/comments appreciated?

Let me add this forum is a wealth to people and a credit to those who maintain it. I cannot say thank you enough.

Keep the Dirty Side Down Ride Safe.:42:

LEOG

LEOG,

I don't have First Hand on the Length of time it will take for the anodized surface to wear off but Yes, when it does it will show More wear than the stock Cast designed plate Just for the Materials used.. IF i had converted over to the New SE system, I would Not worry about the hardness and Just run the bike normal... I think the builder/engineers I talked with were putting the WORST possible view on the SE without a substantial amount of failures... How many failures have you OR I heard of? None from the standpoint of Wearing out.

Run your bike and enjoy it.. The Sky Is Not Falling Yet. Time will tell IF.

signed....BUBBIE

Back