free website stats program Broken body and bike | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Broken body and bike

Last fall on my way to work one morning I had 2 deer come off a bank in front of me. I saw the first and thought not good but think I will miss him, but the second one was see it hit it. I ended up with 5 broken ribs, a broken collar bone, and a punctured lung. I spent 3 days in the hospital and about 8 weeks off work. I got the bike back on new years eve after $5500 damage. I wondered how it would feel to ride and even thought of selling it but about a mile down the road on the first ride and this big grin came back on my face cant wait for the weather to break so I can ride every day again. Oh the rest of the story was my brother in law went to pick up the bike after my wreck to bring it home and laid it down in front of my house and broke his collar bone also. We ended up in the emergency room at the same time. They didn't tell me for a few hours because they knew I would be mad about it.

Last fall on my way to work one morning I had 2 deer come off a bank in front of me. I saw the first and thought not good but think I will miss him, but the second one was see it hit it. I ended up with 5 broken ribs, a broken collar bone, and a punctured lung. I spent 3 days in the hospital and about 8 weeks off work. I got the bike back on new years eve after $5500 damage. I wondered how it would feel to ride and even thought of selling it but about a mile down the road on the first ride and this big grin came back on my face cant wait for the weather to break so I can ride every day again. Oh the rest of the story was my brother in law went to pick up the bike after my wreck to bring it home and laid it down in front of my house and broke his collar bone also. We ended up in the emergency room at the same time. They didn't tell me for a few hours because they knew I would be mad about it.
Oh man! What a story! Glad you guys were all right!!

Im very glad that your going to heal up..I have been very lucky to have only cracked ribs once and a lot of small stuff in my life..SO FAR..But man, thats got to hurt..Every time I here something like this on here im thinking its just a mater of time for me..Thair is no helmet law in Maine, so like maney others up here I dont wair one..Thankfully you had yours on..Mabe I should rethink it?

Oh man! What a story! Glad you guys were all right!!

Glad you are back with confidence. Your bike however may need an exorsist. :D

Gator that positive attitude will carry you far in life. Keep working on your rehab, keep your spirits up and before you know it things will fall (no pun intended) into place. My thoughts go out to you and your family with hope for a speedy return to normal.

Glad you are back with confidence. Your bike however may need an exorsist. :D

I have told everyone, it was not the bikes fault, it was a victim in all this also. The deer could not be helped and my brother in law didn't know how to ride and was supposed to haul the bike home on a trailer, instead he decided he could ride it.

Back