free website stats program BRAND Of Fuel Poll | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

• Total voters
I use mobil or shell i stay away from station that have a diesel hose along with a regular gas setup you know what i meen:DNo cheapo gas in my bike ill pay the extra dollar

BP. Dad ran BP always, and I don't know why.

The reason I run it now for the last 20 years is because other fuels have given me fuel line freeze up in my cages. No problems since using BP.

I use Mobil 93 octane. Reason, Mobil is the only station around here with seperate nozzles for different grades. I will not fill my bike if the station has one nozzle for all grades. If the cage the filled up before you filled it with 87 octance, you'll probably get a half a gallon of regular that is left in the lines before the higher octane sucks in.

I use Mobil 93 octane. Reason, Mobil is the only station around here with seperate nozzles for different grades. I will not fill my bike if the station has one nozzle for all grades. If the cage the filled up before you filled it with 87 octance, you'll probably get a half a gallon of regular that is left in the lines before the higher octane sucks in.

I've seen this posted many times and have tried to test this theory by opening the nozzle before starting the pump and the most I ever get out of the hose is a few drops.

I've seen this posted many times and have tried to test this theory by opening the nozzle before starting the pump and the most I ever get out of the hose is a few drops.

That's because there is always a cheap guy like me in front of you who lifts the hose after shutting off the pump to get every last drop that he paid for!:D

Last edited:
I was a pipeline operator for several years & most of the big oil companies trade "batches of product" sometimes 100,000 barrels or more. So you might be at da Shell station but are actually pumping texaco or mobil or phillips into your ride.

I mostly stay with Shell or BP.

Since some mentioned high test or regular. Back before the gas shortage last fall, I would run a tank of regular once in awhile and could tell no difference.

During the shortage, I could only get regular for over a month. The longer I ran the regular the worse my bike ran. Not terrible mind you, but enough that I could tell a difference. This was confirmed when high octane (93) became available again, there was a marked improvement in how my bike ran.

In my area most of the fuel comes from 1 refinery and they deliver that to
many different name gas station.
My 05 springer didn't run that great on regular so I ran 91 0r 93
The hayabusa will drink anything but seems to have more performace
with 93 ( like it really needs it)

Back