free website stats program BRAND Of Fuel Poll | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

• Total voters
Next time you refuel from a pump with only one hose, try opening the nozzle before turning on the pump and see how much gas comes out. It will gravity feed from up top where it is connected. Let us know how much comes out.:s

PS....12' above your head???:shock

Also consider the inside diameter of that hose too.

Next time you refuel from a pump with only one hose, try opening the nozzle before turning on the pump and see how much gas comes out. It will gravity feed from up top where it is connected. Let us know how much comes out.:s

PS....12' above your head???:shock

Also consider the inside diameter of that hose too.

Really! no kidding. ***none will come out cause the person before me drained it all out***The hose connects up into the area above the pump on some of these. Not right into the pump like other pumps with more than one hose. Time to take some pics cause I am starting to think I am crazy.:bigsmiley8:

Last edited:
We have the same type pumps here at the Sunoco station I use and the hoses are connected above the pump, about 7' high and squeezing the trigger before turning on the pump only lets about an ounce or two at the most out of the hose.

We have the same type pumps here at the Sunoco station I use and the hoses are connected above the pump, about 7' high and squeezing the trigger before turning on the pump only lets about an ounce or two at the most out of the hose.

Glider, I will have to get back to you in a few days.

I have to stop listening to the voices in my head.:bigsmiley22:

I also use Sunoco exclusively. I tried Shell one tank full which is a good gas also and I didn't think the motor ran as good.
I use BP because it is supposed to not be from the Persian Gulf or Venezuala. My bike runs better on the higher octane of BP anyway.

QuikTrip - it's a top tier company and it's 5 minutes from the house on the way out in the direction most of my riding goes.

In my ’08 Road Glide I have been using Shell 91 octane or Texaco 91 octane. I am more interested in stations that pump a large volume of fuel, less chance of water in the fuel. Also I will go to new stations over old ones –

I always thought that , for a given octane , the only difference in brands was the "additives" . I also
thought these additives only functions were for long term protection and
not in short term daily performance ?? Personally , I try to go with any
"major" brand that is a few cents cheaper :s
Unk

Back