free website stats program BRAND Of Fuel Poll | Harley Davidson Forums

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

• Total voters

glider.

BOT Machine
Many different thoughts on this one.

Let's hear what brand of fuel you run, not the octane but the brand name and if you have a reason for running this brand.

To add to this topic, the one hose pumps that some avoid because of the possibility of low grade fuel being left in the hose from the last customer have a drain back valve in the pump that drains the remaining fuel from the last customer so you get basically what you pay for.

Feel free to leave your comments as well.

Here's an interesting link about fuels also...

Top Tier Gasoline

Please keep all conversations and questions in the proper forum instead of posting them in the POLL threads.

The POLL threads are for gathering information on the products and not for discussions about the products themselves .

The FUEL forum is for the questions and answers.

Engine, Fuel and Exhaust - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
ESSO,BP,or Shell,cause I've heard bad things about supermarket petrol,and these are some that dont rip you off like TEXACO,who charge almost 4p-10 cents a litre more than anyone else.

I also use Sunoco exclusively. I tried Shell one tank full which is a good gas also and I didn't think the motor ran as good.

I tend to use QuickTrip (QT). It's listed as one of the Top Tier brands, and tends to run 5-10 cents a gallon cheaper in my area than the other majors. Second choice would be Chevron, and then Shell. Never really gave the single-hose vs. multi-hose issue a thought, and haven't seen any performance problems from using a single-hose pump. In fact, most stations around here are now single-hose pumps.

At this moment what ever is less than $3.65 a gallon goes in my tank. Suppose I'm lucky as I run anything from 87 to 93 octane with absolutly no engine ping. Gererally I fuel up at Speedway or local Convienent Store.

I prefer BP, then Sunoco. I use Shell pretty often because there is a Shell station 3.5 miles away from the house. I have always ran the highest octane available.

I have yet again learned something :D but that leads to a question....oops...Since I never thought to listen to the bike about the fuel, I haven't noticed any pinging, except for on one very hot day last summer (100+*), heavy traffic, someone shut down the highway, so I took the same alternate route that everyone else between Cincinnati & Dayton took. Slow going. My question is when I fill up again, and listen to the bike, I'm thinking of trying 2 tanks of each one to see which one the bike sounds happiest with. Is that overkill, should I notice a difference if any with one tank? :6:

One tank will tell the difference if it is almost a full tank. The ping you heard in the stop and go was probably a result of overheating and shouldn't be confused with the regular octane ping.

One tank will tell the difference if it is almost a full tank. The ping you heard in the stop and go was probably a result of overheating and shouldn't be confused with the regular octane ping.
That what I was thinking at the time, but then I didn't know much at all ;). I just kind of just paid attention to anything that seemed different on the bike, like when it developed a rattle & the passenger foot peg was loose.

Many different thoughts on this one.

Let's hear what brand of fuel you run, not the octane but the brand name and if you have a reason for running this brand.

To add to this topic, the one hose pumps that some avoid because of the possibility of low grade fuel being left in the hose from the last customer have a drain back valve in the pump that drains the remaining fuel from the last customer so you get basically what you pay for.

Feel free to leave your comments as well.

Here's an interesting link about fuels also...

Top Tier Gasoline

OK, I really can't see how that big hose that is connected 12 feet above my head going into the pump returns the fuel back to the tank so that when I go for the high grade fuel, that this is what I am getting. I noticed that people that prepay and have the pump automatically stop drain all the fuel out of the hose so that when I go to get fuel and authorize my card that ** when I lift handle and before I even touch the nozzle, it shows .70 to .90 cents added ( what was required to fill hose) I feel like I am getting robbed almost everytime I refuel. AM I the only one who notices this stuff?:11:

Back