free website stats program BRAND Of Fuel Poll | Page 13 | Harley Davidson Forums

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

• Total voters
I have an 08 Softail Heritage and I have been running pretty well with all three (super, mix and reg unleaded). So far haven't really noticed a big diff, seems that with the high octane I get a bit better gas mileage but not noticably enough to justify .35 cents more a gallon...Before a long trip will fill up with super before wife gets on and go mix or regular for rest of trip. The gas station owner I used to work for (Unical 76) years ago told me that the only real difference in octane levels was for high performance engines...he said most vettes would run like (EDIT) on reg but most mortal cars do just fine on regular.:s

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Run mostly Chevron, Shell or Amoco. Don't know about cutrate stations.

New "stop and rob" opened near home that claims no ethanol so buy the 93 octane. Don't know the "brand" since they would only say it comes from a local refinery - we have two here: Citgo and Conoco.

For years my wife and I used to burn the cheap cut-rate gasoline thinking that the octane rating was all that mattered. One day, my wife came home and mentioned that the acceleration stumble with her car disappeared. She said that he had gassed up at a Shell station because she had been close to running out of gasoline. The next time my pickup truck needed gas, I stopped by a Chevron station. The stumble in the pickup truck disappeared? I thought it was the wires causing the problems and was about to buy a new spark plug wiring, but it wasn't: it was the cheap gasoline. Not only that, the gas mileage improved by 4 mpg in my wife's car, and 3 mpg in my pickup truck.

When I got my Harley, it was the same situation. It ran a little rough when accelerating from a dead stop. After using "good" gasoline the roughness disappeared and the gas mileage improved from 32-35 to a better 38 mpg. That was it...no more Mom and Pop cheap gasoline. It's just not worth it. Now we use any high quality brand of gasoline but stay away from the cut-rates trash.

93 all the time Sunoco BP HESS 3 of the oil companys that dont buy their oil from the arabs I Do not patronize terrorists

Back