free website stats program BRAND Of Fuel Poll | Page 15 | Harley Davidson Forums

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

• Total voters
I use any gas station thats closest to me at the time. I ALWAYS run 92 or 93 octane when filling up though. I have not and will not run anything under the mentioned octane. I usually always add a bottle of additive in every other fill up to keep things running good. I like to use Lucas Tune up in a Bottle or Sea Foam in my tank. I havent had any problems at all by doing such. Thanks for the poll, very interesting topic!!:s

speedway and marathon are the same and most of the time sunoco is also marathon

gas. Got best gas mileage on B P and Shell

I heard harleys were tuned to 94 octane chevron gas. anyone know if this is true ? unfortunatly i cant get the in many places around here . havent had really any problems with any premium fuel i have ever used .

Best deal I can find for the money and always 87 octane unless riding 2 up...then premium.....no problems.
Pete

Here in Las Vegas Nv. all the gas trucks fill up at the same point. It all comes from Calif. in the same pipe line. I was told the drivers put in their gas additives in the tanker trucks before leaving.

the wiz is right on as far as Vegas, i yanked a tank in Calif for 15 years and all the large refineries sell to all and the additive is added as you load according to which load card you use (computer card).

I always use 91 oct Chevron or Texaco because of Tecron (keeeps that engine clean!

I try to use BP premium But Shell or anything premium at times. I'm not sure how many of you remember when you used to clean a carb, the red residue that was so hard to get out ? That was a dye put into all but about 4 brands of gas-amoco,phillips66, and a couple of others i dont remember. The reason they put dye in gas is so the people who transport it and work at the tank farms could look in the tanks and see the gas. Laugh if you will, but there were more people drowned in those tanks than you would believe. For that reason I have always tried to buy "white" or clear gas whenever possible. Anyone else heard of this ?

Last edited:
seems to me that premium and Ethel were red and the other grades were a lighter red. (in the 60s) does that sound right?

Back