free website stats program bad bikers? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

bad bikers?

As I write this I am dressed in jeans and a Laconia Tee shirt. When I get on the bike I'll add boots, jacket, gloves and glasses.

I love being retired. :bigsmiley24:

Blue jeans, t-shirts, and work boots at work and around the house and everywhere else.
Most my harley shirts were given to me by my kids. I like pocket t-shirts mostly. I shave most days, sometimes grow out a beard until it bugs me, then trim it back. Let my hair grow out a bit, then get it cut short and let it grow out all over again. Work place doesn't much care. The wife...24 years together, same. I yam what I yam!

I dress totally different when Im riding. When I work I have to wear a white uniform. When I go to wally world or around Im usually in shorts, tshirt and tennis shoes. When I ride Im in jeans, harley tshirt, boots, gloves, helmet and jacket when its cold.

I have to wear a uniform on the job as a EMT because I work for a EMS service
also have to wear scrubs because I also work in the ER in a major hospital .
All other times I just wear t- ****s and jean harley Ts when on the Hog or
just a in your face t-shirt when riding the crotch rocket

Always got jeans and boots on when I ride. As much for safety as any kind of statement. I usually avoid the low rise jeans when I ride. No one riding or driving behind me needs to see that!

i don,t know how you went from 1% to this a biker is not what you wear its what,s in your head when you turn 50 and run out and buy a harley your a harley rider not a biker but that,s cool enjoy and when it gets cold drive your car its a sport not a way of life a biker would rather ride no matter what because its his way of living

I agree 1% is a way of life but some of us and I include myself in this category riding is a way of life but being a 1% is not for me. I ride year round and almost everywhere I go I take the Harley. I am 3rd generation rider and my Mom and Dad both rode. Mom side of the Family were Indian riders and Dads was Harley. Mom sold her Indian after the second kid was born and dad sold his after the fourth was born (Me). I too quit riding because of family and when I could afford it again I bought another although it was 17 yrs later. Remember you can't pigeonhole people into too tight a group.

I love the term RUB and a lot of people who meet me would think that if you don't know me because I look like anything but a biker. But I am definitely not Rich and I don't live in the urban squalor or suburban squalor either and most would not consider me a Biker. I am not good at fixing things although I do try.:newsmile04: Heck I don't even have a tattoo:bigsmiley24: I am a Cowboy through and through and I ride a bike! But I ride it no matter what the weather.

I know some cops who dress up like bad butt bikers and I just shake my head when I see them. Never understood why people want to try and be something they are not. WOW how I ramble on.... I'm sure most of you quit reading a long time ago...:newsmile07:

Just on a quick note about bike clothing: I had to do a bit of an emergency stop the other day as a car in front decided to brake hard - they were lost I think. Anyway, I did the usual thing with the clutch and brakes and as I went down quickly with the left foot, the darned lower border or hem or whatever of my draggin jeans caught on the outside of my left peg. Result, foot did not go down, bike stopped and started to go over to left. Somehow, I managed to disentangle my jeans from the peg, get the foot down and with all my strength (which isn't huge coz I'm not a big guy) held up the bike and just about herniated my self getting it upright again. Thank the Lord it wasn't a big twin - a few more lbs and she'd have been down.
Message to self - get into the routine of shoving that foot out a bit further in a reflex move....:31:

Pretty funny........My daily dress is pretty much the standard teacher attire. Unless I take the bike to work. When riding I ALWAYS have jeans and my black boots on.....but yeah.......walkin around with the wife and kids at the mall is a little different.....probably 'cause the boots hurt if I walk too much in'em.
Wish this weather would break......NJ

Back